Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-08T15:43:58Z by harold1
harold1
harold1
24 Posts

Pinned topic Workflow assignment based on owner group field

‏2013-05-07T16:41:15Z |

In TSRM 7.2, I'm trying to make a workflow assignment (based on the owner group field ) to all people in that person group. In order to do it, I create a function this way:

Type: A data set related to the record

Object: SR

Value: :OWNERGROUP.ALLPEOPLEINPERSONGROUP

Broadcast: Yes

I  did it this way, because I saw an off-the-shelf function that did this but  sending an e-mail to all person group members (not a broadcast function). However, it does not work, I receive the following error:

BMXAA440 a nested exception the process failed

BMXAA4176E - Attribute ALLPEOPLEINPERSONGROUP does not exist

Alternatively, I tried :OWNERGROUP  value but the assignment is not being made and the workflow cannot be reassigned, so it is necessary to stop it.

What is the actual variable that should be in the value field, so that the workflow gets assigned to every person in the owner group field?

PD: I attached an image that shows the function app while creating one.

Attachments

• scottsd
    scottsd
    121 Posts

Re: Workflow assignment based on owner group field

‏2013-05-08T14:38:04Z  

You're almost all the way there.  For dataset roles you need to point to the actual attribute name that contains the personid, so I believe this will work:

:OWNERGROUP.ALLPEOPLEINPERSONGROUP.PERSONID

If you use a role of type "Person Group" you should be able to point directly to the person group ID like your second :OWNERGROUP example.

• harold1
    harold1
    24 Posts

Re: Workflow assignment based on owner group field

‏2013-05-08T15:43:58Z  
    • scottsd
    • ‏2013-05-08T14:38:04Z

You're almost all the way there.  For dataset roles you need to point to the actual attribute name that contains the personid, so I believe this will work:

:OWNERGROUP.ALLPEOPLEINPERSONGROUP.PERSONID

If you use a role of type "Person Group" you should be able to point directly to the person group ID like your second :OWNERGROUP example.

Thanks as always, Scott. I tried both ways and it just works.

PD the spanish term for "role" is "función", so I was using the incorrect term, translating it here as "function".

Updated on 2013-07-18T15:56:57Z at 2013-07-18T15:56:57Z by harold1