Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-12T08:10:34Z by MJonker
Alexey-Zimarev
Alexey-Zimarev
12 Posts

Pinned topic Layout and style broken after CTC 4.1 upgrade

‏2013-09-10T20:48:56Z |

Recently I upgraded to the latest CTC version 4.1. I got nice templates, however some crucial functions are not broken. I got two major issues in edit mode:

1) Layout change is impossible, error is shown instead of the layouts list

2) Style change is impossible too, instead of the list it just shows "Loading"

I have examined the log files and see no single error that could give me clue to debug this.

• MJonker
    MJonker
    140 Posts

Re: Layout and style broken after CTC 4.1 upgrade

‏2013-09-11T09:33:10Z  

Hi,

Check this topic:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=83fcf472-cfeb-4df3-865c-b0778bca30bd&ps=25

I fixed it manually on our development server by editing the JSON files though WebDav.

• Alexey-Zimarev
    Alexey-Zimarev
    12 Posts

‏2013-09-11T18:14:22Z  
    • MJonker
    • ‏2013-09-11T09:33:10Z

Hi,

Check this topic:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=83fcf472-cfeb-4df3-865c-b0778bca30bd&ps=25

I fixed it manually on our development server by editing the JSON files though WebDav.

Thanks! This must be it. Also in layouts.json

{ localizationPackageName:'com.ibm.bundles', localizationBundleName:'Shelf', identifier:'label', items: [
        {'label':'change_style_defaultStyle','id':'initial','thumbnail':ibmCfg.themeConfig.themeRootURI+'/css/default/icon.gif','help':''},
        {'label':'change_style_red','id':'red.css','url':'css/red/red.css','thumbnail':ibmCfg.themeConfig.themeRootURI+'/css/red/icon.gif','help':''},
        {'label':'change_style_orangeStyle','id':'orange.css','url':'css/orange/orange.css','thumbnail':ibmCfg.themeConfig.themeRootURI+'/css/orange/icon.gif','help':''},
        {'label':'change_style_gold','id':'gold.css','url':'css/gold/gold.css','thumbnail':ibmCfg.themeConfig.themeRootURI+'/css/gold/icon.gif','help':''},
        {'label':'change_style_green','id':'green.css','url':'css/green/green.css','thumbnail':ibmCfg.themeConfig.themeRootURI+'/css/green/icon.gif','help':''},
        {'label':'change_style_blue','id':'blue.css','url':'css/blue/blue.css','thumbnail':ibmCfg.themeConfig.themeRootURI+'/css/blue/icon.gif','help':''},
        {'label':'change_style_purpleStyle','id':'purple.css','url':'css/purple/purple.css','thumbnail':ibmCfg.themeConfig.themeRootURI+'/css/purple/icon.gif','help':''},
        {'label':'change_style_black','id':'black.css','url':'css/black/black.css','thumbnail':ibmCfg.themeConfig.themeRootURI+'/css/black/icon.gif','help':''},
        {'label':'change_style_white','id':'white.css','url':'css/white/white.css','thumbnail':ibmCfg.themeConfig.themeRootURI+'/css/white/icon.gif','help':''   },
       {'label':'ctc_default','id':'default.css','url':'CTC/css/default/default.css','thumbnail':ibmCfg.themeConfig.themeRootURI+'/CTC/css/default/icon.gif','help':''},
       {'label':'ctc_bordered','id':'bordered.css','url':'CTC/css/bordered/bordered.css','thumbnail':ibmCfg.themeConfig.themeRootURI+'/CTC/css/bordered/icon.gif','help':''   }/*Start of CTC Contribution*/,
       {'label':'ctc_default','id':'default.css','url':'CTC/css/default/default.css','thumbnail':ibmCfg.themeConfig.themeRootURI+'/CTC/css/default/icon.gif','help':''},
       {'label':'ctc_bordered','id':'bordered.css','url':'CTC/css/bordered/bordered.css','thumbnail':ibmCfg.themeConfig.themeRootURI+'/CTC/css/bordered/icon.gif','help':''}/*End of CTC Contribution*/
       ]
    }

• Alexey-Zimarev
    Alexey-Zimarev
    12 Posts

‏2013-09-11T20:19:08Z  
    • MJonker

Hi,

Check this topic:

I tried and it didn't work for me. I see no errors like you describe on the console.

The only issue I see so far is an error in pb_shelf_base.js uncompressed line 322

console.error("error loading this category: " +error);

it says

"error loading this category: TypeError: item is undefined"

It only happens on the layouts tab, but styles are not loading but show no error, just "Loading..." and that's it.

• Alexey-Zimarev
    Alexey-Zimarev
    12 Posts

‏2013-09-11T20:42:00Z  
    • MJonker

Hi,

Check this topic:

No, actually I managed to fix it, thanks again. There was one extra comma at the end of "Start CTC contribution" comment string that I have not seen. Now both layouts and styles work :)

• MJonker
    MJonker
    140 Posts

‏2013-09-12T08:10:34Z  

No, actually I managed to fix it, thanks again. There was one extra comma at the end of "Start CTC contribution" comment string that I have not seen. Now both layouts and styles work :)

Ok great.

Now let's hope that next update op the CTC, the JSON updates will be smarter...