• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-03T08:49:16Z by Carlito123
SalCognos
SalCognos
45 Posts

Pinned topic Backup of Content Store

‏2013-04-22T09:35:43Z |

Hello

I want to check whether it is possible to take the back up of the entire cognos 8.4 content store database before doing the upgrade from cognos 8.4 to cognos 10.1 by doing the entire content store deployment from Cognos 8.4 to Cognos 10.1?

Regards

Saleel

• JohnWilkinson
    JohnWilkinson
    16 Posts

Re: Backup of Content Store

‏2013-04-22T15:47:13Z  

Yes, absolutely - some would say that this is the preferred method because the database is a new clean content store, whereas upgrading an existing content store may contain inconsistencies from earlier Cognos versions.

Remember to also backup the content store database files as an extra fail-safe, "just in case".

• datamite
    datamite
    1 Post

‏2013-05-28T20:27:36Z  

Yes, absolutely - some would say that this is the preferred method because the database is a new clean content store, whereas upgrading an existing content store may contain inconsistencies from earlier Cognos versions.

Remember to also backup the content store database files as an extra fail-safe, "just in case".

We have the Cognos 10.1 and our production server has some inefficiencies. We want to create a brand new server and include only necessary reports and configurations. In order to do that where to start? Some of the Cognos documentation says copy paste some of the folders but, to me sounds like it will mass up a lot of settings. 

• Carlito123
    Carlito123
    14 Posts

‏2013-06-03T08:49:16Z  
    • datamite
    • ‏2013-05-28T20:27:36Z

We have the Cognos 10.1 and our production server has some inefficiencies. We want to create a brand new server and include only necessary reports and configurations. In order to do that where to start? Some of the Cognos documentation says copy paste some of the folders but, to me sounds like it will mass up a lot of settings. 

Go to Cognos Administration -> Configuration -> Content Administration
    Create a New Export and pick 'Select the entire Content Store' under "Deployment method:"