Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-02-02T18:13:48Z by DigitalMeister2010
Chris001
Chris001
1 Post

Pinned topic Best practice required: TM1 10.2 installation in a distributed BI environment

‏2013-10-02T19:59:09Z |

Hi !

I wonder if there are any best practices around installation strategies for TM110.2 with BI 10.2.1 FP1.

Lets assume the following scenario:

Single Server A: BI 10.2.1 FP1; Server B: TM1 10.2 (Admin Host, TM1 Server, Architect). Access to both BI and TM1 should be Cognos Connection.

Is it recommended to install TM1WEB and TM1 Applications on the BI Server, or is it better to install it on the TM1 Server (failover, load-balancing, performance issues, ...)

Are there any advices or best practice documentation out there ?

Any help would be kindly appreciated.

Thanks

Christian

• JackyVeracitiz
    JackyVeracitiz
    5 Posts

Re: Best practice required: TM1 10.2 installation in a distributed BI environment

‏2014-01-06T07:29:30Z  

Hi Christian,

I have also came across to such situation, but didn't find any document around it

Later I have configured machine A with BI Single Server and Cognos TM1 Web Server components and machine B with TM1 Admin and TM1 Server. With few configurations steps I am able to access TM1 application via login to cognos connection directly

What you have followed ??? Have you got through...???

• DigitalMeister2010
    DigitalMeister2010
    12 Posts

Re: Best practice required: TM1 10.2 installation in a distributed BI environment

‏2014-02-02T18:13:48Z  

A couple of years ago at an IBM training course I remember we were told there are no longer any "best practices," only "proven practices."   The point being that you can do things right many different ways.  Although you can do things wrong many different ways.  Most of the time it will be dependent on your situation.  That's why it's hard to find any documentation.

The Admin Host and TM1 Server instance is typically on it's own box in a production environment.  Be careful of the size of the instances; your main instance may be relatively small, but another instance could come along and quickly steal all your memory.  TM1Web and TM1 Application Server use resources intermittently, depending on how many users and how many times users access the system.  I've commonly put them with the BI server, but it is sometimes necessary to put them on their own box.