Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-09T15:45:29Z by JohnT.Reynolds
8KTU_Terence_Gamboa
8KTU_Terence_Gamboa
5 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Custom Coach appearance in Layout

‏2013-05-08T15:43:35Z |

When designing a Coach View, I noticed that when I drag and drop the built-in controls from the Control Palette to the Coach layout that I can see an accurate rendering of the control. For example, If I drag a button I can actually see a button on the layout.

This does not seem to be the case when I drag my own custom CV to the layout. Instead of a "sample rendering" of my control, what I see is just a box with the name of my custom CV. Is there a way I can make Custom CVs render some sort of a preview (like the built-in controls) when I drag it to the layout?

• 8KTU_Terence_Gamboa
    8KTU_Terence_Gamboa
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Custom Coach appearance in Layout

‏2013-05-08T15:51:06Z  in response to 8KTU_Terence_Gamboa

It looks like I found the answer to my question. The Design time preview is set from the Coaches' Overview tab using the two properties:

- Palette Icon
    - Layout Image

Palette Icon is what you see on the palette. Layout image is what is rendered on the Layout below the label.

• JohnT.Reynolds
      JohnT.Reynolds
      233 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-08T17:24:55Z  in response to 8KTU_Terence_Gamboa

Exactly right... for Custom Coach Views you see the icon that was specified by the author of the Coach View - It's not a WYSIWYG view unfortunately.

• 8KTU_Terence_Gamboa
        8KTU_Terence_Gamboa
        5 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-09T03:49:21Z  in response to JohnT.Reynolds

I hope one day they'd get it to the point wherein it's WYSIWYG. Since the underlying UI toolkit is based of Dojo, it is possible to come up with a very graphical UI designer similar to how Dojo's Maqetta does it. That and an improved web-based Javascript code editor :)

• 8KTU_Terence_Gamboa
        8KTU_Terence_Gamboa
        5 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-09T15:38:23Z  in response to JohnT.Reynolds

there seems to be one control that is somewhat WYSIWYG ... the table. How does it behave differently?

Thanks for sharing your insights

• JohnT.Reynolds
          JohnT.Reynolds
          233 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-09T15:45:29Z  in response to 8KTU_Terence_Gamboa

Check on those controls to see if there's an icon defined.  If not, the HTML on the Layout Tab of the Coach View is displayed (I think).

+1 on your WYSIWYG comments... please register your vote using the RFE process (every vote helps).

In BPM 8.5 the javascript code editor is a bit improved.  Not as much as we'd like, but better.

Updated on 2013-05-09T15:47:11Z at 2013-05-09T15:47:11Z by JohnT.Reynolds