Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-09T15:45:29Z by JohnT.Reynolds
8KTU_Terence_Gamboa
8KTU_Terence_Gamboa
5 Posts

Pinned topic Custom Coach appearance in Layout

‏2013-05-08T15:43:35Z |

When designing a Coach View, I noticed that when I drag and drop the built-in controls from the Control Palette to the Coach layout that I can see an accurate rendering of the control. For example, If I drag a button I can actually see a button on the layout.

This does not seem to be the case when I drag my own custom CV to the layout. Instead of a "sample rendering" of my control, what I see is just a box with the name of my custom CV. Is there a way I can make Custom CVs render some sort of a preview (like the built-in controls) when I drag it to the layout?

• 8KTU_Terence_Gamboa
    8KTU_Terence_Gamboa
    5 Posts

Re: Custom Coach appearance in Layout

‏2013-05-08T15:51:06Z  

It looks like I found the answer to my question. The Design time preview is set from the Coaches' Overview tab using the two properties:

- Palette Icon
    - Layout Image

Palette Icon is what you see on the palette. Layout image is what is rendered on the Layout below the label.

• JohnT.Reynolds
    JohnT.Reynolds
    233 Posts

‏2013-05-08T17:24:55Z  

It looks like I found the answer to my question. The Design time preview is set from the Coaches' Overview tab using the two properties:

- Palette Icon
    - Layout Image

Palette Icon is what you see on the palette. Layout image is what is rendered on the Layout below the label.

Exactly right... for Custom Coach Views you see the icon that was specified by the author of the Coach View - It's not a WYSIWYG view unfortunately.

• 8KTU_Terence_Gamboa
    8KTU_Terence_Gamboa
    5 Posts

‏2013-05-09T03:49:21Z  

Exactly right... for Custom Coach Views you see the icon that was specified by the author of the Coach View - It's not a WYSIWYG view unfortunately.

I hope one day they'd get it to the point wherein it's WYSIWYG. Since the underlying UI toolkit is based of Dojo, it is possible to come up with a very graphical UI designer similar to how Dojo's Maqetta does it. That and an improved web-based Javascript code editor :)

• 8KTU_Terence_Gamboa
    8KTU_Terence_Gamboa
    5 Posts

‏2013-05-09T15:38:23Z  

there seems to be one control that is somewhat WYSIWYG ... the table. How does it behave differently?

Thanks for sharing your insights

• JohnT.Reynolds
    JohnT.Reynolds
    233 Posts

‏2013-05-09T15:45:29Z  

there seems to be one control that is somewhat WYSIWYG ... the table. How does it behave differently?

Thanks for sharing your insights

Check on those controls to see if there's an icon defined.  If not, the HTML on the Layout Tab of the Coach View is displayed (I think).

+1 on your WYSIWYG comments... please register your vote using the RFE process (every vote helps).

In BPM 8.5 the javascript code editor is a bit improved.  Not as much as we'd like, but better.

Updated on 2013-05-09T15:47:11Z at 2013-05-09T15:47:11Z by JohnT.Reynolds