Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-07-18T15:40:30Z by pahack
pahack
pahack
3 Posts

Pinned topic Announcing the Open Beta Program for Automatic Views

‏2014-07-17T17:43:09Z |

We are pleased to announce the Open Beta Program for a significant new feature for IBM Rational ClearCase, automatic views (sometimes referred to as "ODFS" in the past).  Automatic views bring the unique technology that makes dynamic views possible to CCRC (the ClearCase Remote Client).  The primary goals of automatic views are to improve the productivity of developers by providing a high performance WAN (or LAN) SCM workspace while meeting the security requirements of a growing number of corporate IT departments.
    The Open Beta Program provides an opportunity to preview the capabilities of automatic views, get a head start on deployment planning, and provide feedback to the ClearCase development team on features, reliability, and performance.
    We would appreciate your participation in this program and are confident it will help us deliver a highly functional and robust solution.  You can access the Open Beta Program here:  https://www14.software.ibm.com/iwm/web/cc/earlyprograms/ibm/rccavb/index.shtml
    Please use the tag AutomaticViewBeta when posting messages to the ClearCase forum related to this Open Beta.

• GKellner
    GKellner
    259 Posts

Re: Announcing the Open Beta Program for Automatic Views

‏2014-07-18T09:36:37Z  

Thanks Peter, we'll have a closer look to this beta. ;-)

• GKellner
    GKellner
    259 Posts

Re: Announcing the Open Beta Program for Automatic Views

‏2014-07-18T14:00:39Z  

Is it okay, that I've to load a VOB before I can do an add to source control?

I've tried just to mount the VOB, and add a directory but I got an access deny.

Updated on 2014-07-18T14:01:10Z at 2014-07-18T14:01:10Z by GKellner
  • pahack
    pahack
    3 Posts

Re: Trouble with add to source

‏2014-07-18T15:40:30Z  
    • GKellner
    • ‏2014-07-18T14:00:39Z

Is it okay, that I've to load a VOB before I can do an add to source control?

I've tried just to mount the VOB, and add a directory but I got an access deny.

Georg, would you please supply the sequence of actions you took starting with mounting the VOB?  Were you only using CTE or were you also using the command line for some operations?  From you description, it sounds like mounting the VOB succeeded, you were able to navigate to the VOB and create a view-private directory.  Were you trying to add the directory to source control or a regular file inside that directory?  Are you able to do the same "add to source" operation in a different type of view in that same VOB successfully?