Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-02-11T19:31:25Z by sharmivssharmi
sharmivssharmi
sharmivssharmi
30 Posts

Pinned topic Files changed/created while migrating from V7.5 to V9.0?

‏2014-02-06T01:30:24Z |

Hi,

I used Hats V9 migration wizard and I got a prompt that migration is successful. But in the report I dont see any details like which files have been modified.

Is there a way to find which files have been modified after migration? I definitely see a difference in the file lxgwfunctions.js. Similar to this I want to know list of other files.

I need the file list, since I check-in my code in version control tool.

Thanks

Sharmila

Updated on 2014-02-06T03:04:56Z at 2014-02-06T03:04:56Z by sharmivssharmi
  • sharmivssharmi
    sharmivssharmi
    30 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Files changed/created while migrating from V7.5 to V9.0?

‏2014-02-11T19:31:25Z  

Tim,

I am thinking to try incremental way of testing and replacing the changed files. In this case I can find the list of files I am using which needs to be changed.

And migrating all the files will be needed when I want to use new features of V9 I guess.

Thanks

Sharmila

Actually I tried to replace lxgwfunctions.js and KBS.js, my web app started working fine, didnt face any issues so far.

So I am going to proceed with this, until any further issue found.

Thanks

Sharmila

• SanthiRamala
    SanthiRamala
    36 Posts

‏2014-02-06T05:16:18Z  

Hi Sharmila,

Mostly javascript files, jsp files, EAR jar file, and files which carries facet information, and other application setting files would have modifications.

How ever modified file list would not be same for all versions.

By using comparison tools like Beyond Compare you should be able to find out  how many files are files/folders are added/deleted/modified.

Best Regards

Santhi

• tmparker
    tmparker
    518 Posts

‏2014-02-06T23:28:10Z  

Hi Sharmila,

Anytime a HATS project is migrated from one version to another we create a backup of all file replaced during migration.  In the root of your project you should now find a folder called MigrationBackup which contains all files that HATS replaced during the migration.

Thanks
    Tim

• sharmivssharmi
    sharmivssharmi
    30 Posts

‏2014-02-07T00:02:43Z  
    • tmparker
    • ‏2014-02-06T23:28:10Z

Hi Sharmila,

Anytime a HATS project is migrated from one version to another we create a backup of all file replaced during migration.  In the root of your project you should now find a folder called MigrationBackup which contains all files that HATS replaced during the migration.

Thanks
    Tim

Tim/Santhi

Thanks for immediate response. I do see the MigrationBackup dir. And cant believe there are lot many files, almost like 40+ files. And its difficult to check-in all those, if no other way have to do that.

Actually what I tried so far is copy the V9 jars to my web app classpath and tested it. It works mostly fine except a javascript error. There I came to know I need to replace lxgwfunctions.js. If I continue and test in this way, do you think, I will be successfull in migrating? May be this is an inappropriate approach. Just want to know about it.

Thanks

Sharmila

• tmparker
    tmparker
    518 Posts

‏2014-02-07T00:09:46Z  

Tim/Santhi

Thanks for immediate response. I do see the MigrationBackup dir. And cant believe there are lot many files, almost like 40+ files. And its difficult to check-in all those, if no other way have to do that.

Actually what I tried so far is copy the V9 jars to my web app classpath and tested it. It works mostly fine except a javascript error. There I came to know I need to replace lxgwfunctions.js. If I continue and test in this way, do you think, I will be successfull in migrating? May be this is an inappropriate approach. Just want to know about it.

Thanks

Sharmila

Hi Sharmila,

The reason the files are replaced during migration is due to some change made to the file.  The differences between v7.5 and v9.0 are vast.  We have added many new features and there was a lot of code changed.  Usually most of the files that you will see changed are things like the JSP files we ship along with the template and CSS files.  I would bet very few of the files you see in the MigrationBackup folder are actually ones you use but I'm not entirely sure what was replaced in your project.  All of the jars we replace in the EAR must be used since they correspond to the compiled code in v9.0.  The lxgwfunctions.js will have the most changes between versions since that file is vital for how HATS works in the browser.

Thanks
    Tim

• sharmivssharmi
    sharmivssharmi
    30 Posts

‏2014-02-07T00:26:38Z  
    • tmparker
    • ‏2014-02-07T00:09:46Z

Hi Sharmila,

The reason the files are replaced during migration is due to some change made to the file.  The differences between v7.5 and v9.0 are vast.  We have added many new features and there was a lot of code changed.  Usually most of the files that you will see changed are things like the JSP files we ship along with the template and CSS files.  I would bet very few of the files you see in the MigrationBackup folder are actually ones you use but I'm not entirely sure what was replaced in your project.  All of the jars we replace in the EAR must be used since they correspond to the compiled code in v9.0.  The lxgwfunctions.js will have the most changes between versions since that file is vital for how HATS works in the browser.

Thanks
    Tim

Tim,

I am thinking to try incremental way of testing and replacing the changed files. In this case I can find the list of files I am using which needs to be changed.

And migrating all the files will be needed when I want to use new features of V9 I guess.

Thanks

Sharmila

• sharmivssharmi
    sharmivssharmi
    30 Posts

‏2014-02-11T19:31:25Z  

Tim,

Thanks

Sharmila

Actually I tried to replace lxgwfunctions.js and KBS.js, my web app started working fine, didnt face any issues so far.

So I am going to proceed with this, until any further issue found.

Thanks

Sharmila