Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-07-22T14:04:22Z by ShahedM
motox
motox
1 Post

Pinned topic PTT required user roles?

‏2013-05-23T20:25:40Z |

I would like a "monitor" role user be able to use PTT view metrics but I'm getting the below error in the workbench log.  I've verified the same user can login to dmgr and pull up TPV metrics.  Is there a limitation on required roles for PTT?  I can login as an admin but if I change to a monitor user I can authenticate and retrieve server lists..start monitoring but I get no metrics.

Connect exception occurred when try to get the statistic information,will retry.
retry ...
javax.management.JMRuntimeException: ADMN0022E: Access is denied for the getStatsArray operation on Perf MBean because of insufficient or empty credentials.
at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.handleAdminFault(SOAPConnectorClient.java:935)
at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.invokeTemplateOnce(SOAPConnectorClient.java:903)
at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.invokeTemplate(SOAPConnectorClient.java:669)
at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.invokeTemplate(SOAPConnectorClient.java:659)
at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.invoke(SOAPConnectorClient.java:645)
at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.invoke(SOAPConnectorClient.java:467)
at $Proxy14.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.ws.management.AdminClientImpl.invoke(AdminClientImpl.java:224)
at com.ibm.perf.data.collector.DataCollector.getStats(DataCollector.java:1690)
at com.ibm.perf.data.collector.DataCollector.collectStatsArrayViaPerfMbean(DataCollector.java:1662)
at com.ibm.perf.data.collector.DataCollector.getPerfDataCollection(DataCollector.java:3258)
at com.ibm.perf.ui.Controller$4.run(Controller.java:516)
at java.util.Timer$TimerImpl.run(Unknown Source)
Connected to the WAS successfully.
Fail to get the perf Mbean for server
Updated on 2013-05-23T20:26:48Z at 2013-05-23T20:26:48Z by motox
  • Paul_Groome
    Paul_Groome
    2 Posts

Re: PTT required user roles?

‏2013-09-25T12:53:39Z  

Me too!  I'm getting this error when I try to connect to WebSphere of any release version.

Has anyone found a cause or fix for this?

• ShahedM
    ShahedM
    1 Post

Re: PTT required user roles?

‏2014-07-22T14:04:22Z  

Me too!  I'm getting this error when I try to connect to WebSphere of any release version.

Has anyone found a cause or fix for this?

Facing the same issue :-(