Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-22T16:24:14Z by Mike_W
Mike_W
Mike_W
73 Posts

Pinned topic Strange Synonym Files in 2.1 Excel Add-in

‏2013-07-22T14:20:38Z |

When we upgraded/installed version 2.1 we ended up getting other synonyms listed when we use the Excel Add-in. These additional synonyms don't appear when we create reports with InfoAssist. As near as I can tell these are coming from this folder: N:\QIBM\ProdData\QWEBQRY\ibi\srv77\home\catalog

I have attached a short list of some of those synonyms.

Is this a bug in the add-in? I believe that I am using the latest version of the XLA file.

Thanks,

Mike

Updated on 2013-07-22T14:20:57Z at 2013-07-22T14:20:57Z by Mike_W
  • ksteinbrink
    ksteinbrink
    318 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Strange Synonym Files in 2.1 Excel Add-in

‏2013-07-22T14:34:49Z  

Hi Mike,

On the Web Query wiki under the heading Installation is a link for the 2.1.0 Info APAR.  It lists the latest individual PTFs for Web Query that were released after group level 4.  In particular, SI49880 and SI49881 include fixes for Spreadsheet Client.  Though the problem of the strange synonyms doesn't sound familiar, these PTFs do fix a problem with duplicate synonyms that can occur if the same named synonym exists in baseapp and some other application.  My suggestion is to apply these latest individual PTFs and try again.  If the problem persists, please open a PMR. 

Regards,

Kathy

• ksteinbrink
    ksteinbrink
    318 Posts

‏2013-07-22T14:34:49Z  

Hi Mike,

On the Web Query wiki under the heading Installation is a link for the 2.1.0 Info APAR.  It lists the latest individual PTFs for Web Query that were released after group level 4.  In particular, SI49880 and SI49881 include fixes for Spreadsheet Client.  Though the problem of the strange synonyms doesn't sound familiar, these PTFs do fix a problem with duplicate synonyms that can occur if the same named synonym exists in baseapp and some other application.  My suggestion is to apply these latest individual PTFs and try again.  If the problem persists, please open a PMR. 

Regards,

Kathy

• Mike_W
    Mike_W
    73 Posts

‏2013-07-22T16:24:14Z  

Hi Mike,

Regards,

Kathy

Thanks, I will do that.

Mike