Topic
  • No replies
LukeMcKenna
LukeMcKenna
2 Posts

Pinned topic Tips for installing on a fresh RH 6.3 64-bit machine in vCenter env

‏2013-05-03T08:08:11Z |

I just installed SCM-AI in a VMWare vCenter environment on a test machine and have a few tips (mainly for those that haven't read much of the documentation, like me):

1. If you're installing on a fresh, standard RH 6.3 64-bit VM you will need to install some extra rpm's - I needed to install:

compat-libstdc++-33.i686, compat-libstdc++-33.x86_64, glibc.i686, libstdc++.i686 (there may have been a couple of dependencies I installed as well). I used yum to install them, seemed a bit easier than rpm given some dependencies. I also needed to get at least 1 of the packages from the 32-bit RedHat DVD.

2. Make sure your hosts that are running WRT/OS Agent and the Fabric node can resolve their own hostname to an IP (add an entry to /etc/hosts for itself if needed). This should be done before installation.

3. When setting up the connection to VMWare vCenter, you may find it needs to use HTTPS and use port 443 which means changing the defaults.

4. Check there are no firewalls blocking the ports listed in the config screens. I needed to reconfigure ipchains on the VMs to let through the communication.

5. The log files here can be helpful in working out issues such as 2. and 3. above: /opt/ibm/ccm/logs/ccm.trace.log and stdout.log in the same directory.

Now it's up and running and working nicely. A second NIC added to my WRT VM operating in promiscuous mode means I can monitor web traffic from other VMs.

---

Luke McKenna

Development Manager - IBM SmartCloud Application Performance Management

Australia Development Lab

Updated on 2013-05-03T08:08:40Z at 2013-05-03T08:08:40Z by LukeMcKenna