Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-01-09T08:23:13Z by CristiMXg
CristiMXg
CristiMXg
13 Posts

Pinned topic Can not export Chart of Accounts using MIF Object Structure

‏2014-01-04T16:06:01Z |

I have a problem in exporting accounts from the Chart of Accounts application. I am using Maximo 7.5.

I did the setup in the Object Structures -> mxCOA -> Add Modify Application Support, grant access in Security Group, signed out - signed in.

When i open the Chart of Accounts application, after I press the Application Export button, i can not see any Object in the Select Value window. I attach a print screen.

Do i have to do anything else to make this work?

• SASHULL
    SASHULL
    308 Posts

Re: Can not export Chart of Accounts using MIF Object Structure

‏2014-01-06T14:24:18Z  

So the issue is a strange one but you need to have ORGANIZATION has the primary object in your Object Structure instead of just Chart of Accounts. The way application import/export works is it relies on the primary object of the application being your primary object in your object structure. Chart of Accounts is setup to have Organization as the primary object and thus requires that you have Organization as your primary object.

See this IBM article for more information: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21648359

• CristiMXg
    CristiMXg
    13 Posts

‏2014-01-08T18:36:15Z  
    • SASHULL
    • ‏2014-01-06T14:24:18Z

So the issue is a strange one but you need to have ORGANIZATION has the primary object in your Object Structure instead of just Chart of Accounts. The way application import/export works is it relies on the primary object of the application being your primary object in your object structure. Chart of Accounts is setup to have Organization as the primary object and thus requires that you have Organization as your primary object.

See this IBM article for more information: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21648359

Thank you, solved the COA import but i can not find a way to import the GL Components. I have tried also the External Systems

• SASHULL
    SASHULL
    308 Posts

‏2014-01-08T18:43:32Z  
    • CristiMXg
    • ‏2014-01-08T18:36:15Z

Thank you, solved the COA import but i can not find a way to import the GL Components. I have tried also the External Systems

If you use External System & Enterprise Services you should have no issue loading GL Components with just the GLCOMPONENTS object. I can't say I've done it using application import/export but I have loaded GL Components many times using Enterprise Services and External Systems. Are you getting any errors and are you sure it's processing the records at all?

If on your External System your Enterprise Service does NOT have the "Use Continuous Queue" checkbox checked than it uses the sequential queue which requires that you enable the JMSQSEQCONSUMER cron task which is inactive by default. Otherwise what happens is you load the messages and they stay in the queue.

• CristiMXg
    CristiMXg
    13 Posts

‏2014-01-08T18:46:41Z  
    • SASHULL
    • ‏2014-01-08T18:43:32Z

If you use External System & Enterprise Services you should have no issue loading GL Components with just the GLCOMPONENTS object. I can't say I've done it using application import/export but I have loaded GL Components many times using Enterprise Services and External Systems. Are you getting any errors and are you sure it's processing the records at all?

If on your External System your Enterprise Service does NOT have the "Use Continuous Queue" checkbox checked than it uses the sequential queue which requires that you enable the JMSQSEQCONSUMER cron task which is inactive by default. Otherwise what happens is you load the messages and they stay in the queue.

Thank you, i will check this.

• CristiMXg
    CristiMXg
    13 Posts

‏2014-01-09T08:23:13Z  
    • SASHULL
    • ‏2014-01-08T18:43:32Z

When i try to import some GL components, i get this error:

" BMXAA5804E - Cannot import the data in the Test import GL Comp.xml file. Review the file to verify that the content is correct and review the server and error log files for additional information.
    BMXAA5596E - An XML parsing error occurred when the XML structure was being converted to a flat structure. The processing exception is identified in document 1.
    BMXAA6965E - Cannot process the information in a file because the the file extract operation failed to start.
    null "

This is the xml file i use. I also attach the Ext sys (end poin MXXMLFILE) and some other relevant docs.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <SyncMXGLCOMP xmlns="http://www.ibm.com/maximo" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" creationDateTime="2014-01-05T00:48:58+03:00" transLanguage="EN" baseLanguage="EN" messageID="1388875738718862844" maximoVersion="7 5 20130129-2023 V7504-38">
      <MXGLCOMPSet>
        <GLCOMPONENTS>
          <ACTIVE>1</ACTIVE>
          <COMPTEXT>TEST TEST</COMPTEXT>
          <COMPVALUE>00009999</COMPVALUE>
          <EXTERNALREFID />
          <GLCOMPONENTSID></GLCOMPONENTSID>
          <GLORDER>0</GLORDER>
          <ORGID>CORA</ORGID>
          <OWNERSYSID />
          <SAP_BULKLOAD>0</SAP_BULKLOAD>
          <SAP_UPDATE>0</SAP_UPDATE>