Topic
8 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-29T20:20:24Z by kmarthi
bmwshop
bmwshop
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Trouble signing into CloudFirst Factory?

‏2013-03-20T19:27:28Z |
CloudFirst Factory requires you to have a valid and active SCE userid and password combination.

If you have trouble logging into the CloudFirst Factory, first ensure that you can connect to your SCE account. 

In addition to a valid SCE account, you'll need to be active in the CloudFirst Factory system.  You should have been activated when you received the Welcome email.  

If you are still having a problem, kindly post a message in the message board or email us at cloud1st@us.ibm.com 

Updated on 2013-04-05T18:06:18Z at 2013-04-05T18:06:18Z by ldeluca
  • leon@ca.ibm.com
    leon@ca.ibm.com
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Trouble signing into CloudFirst Factory?

‏2013-04-03T16:00:30Z  in response to bmwshop
     First, let me vent. Why oh why are you using User Name and not the Email to match users?! The whole idea of the cloud is self service and from the multi-part form with a gazzilion fields to this insane login process you've made it next to impossible to do self-service. OK, I feel better now.

I added 6 people on my team to the project. None of them received any invitations. The one person who is trying to sign in can't even though we figured out his SCE id. 
    • Onnie
      Onnie
      17 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-04T12:54:35Z  in response to leon@ca.ibm.com
       Hi Leon.

Venting is ok.

The on boarding process is a one time event to gain access to the CloudFirst Factory. We ask a lot of questions because we want to ensure we are giving the right projects access. We cannot prioritize resources without some details. I know it is a pain to go through, but it is a one time event and asks maybe 25 questions about the project.Hopefully that is bearable?

At the Getting Start link I clarified the documentation  to call out the quirks and copied below for convenience.

Please note the following "quirks":

The project administrator must ensure that as they add users to the CloudFirst Factory, they follow a very particular nomenclature. User Name and e-mail must be the same in openstack. If the user name and e-mail for the users is not the same, access to the portal will not work.

The partner on ramp (yellow zone) uses the SCE account. information to authenticate. Therefore all users defined in the project administration tool must leverage their SCE account.

• ldeluca
      ldeluca
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-05T18:06:18Z  in response to leon@ca.ibm.com
      To further clarify, the reason the email address is not used is because we are authenticating against SCE and not all SCE usernames are email based.  Therefore, the system has to support both email and regular text usernames.  

As far as notifications, an automated email is now sent to users that are added to a project.  Give it a try and let me know if you have any questions.  Lisa 
      • kmarthi
        kmarthi
        2 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-29T02:52:20Z  in response to ldeluca

Hi Lisa, I am trying to on-board a customer into the "Yellow Client Zone" at https://cloudalpha.demos.ibm.com/dashboard/auth/login/

I know this worked earlier, but now that the project I submitted has been approved, I cannot login to the portal anymore.

The email id is kmarthi@us.ibm.com. I have tried
        a) The password I created at greenhouse.lotus.com
        b) The password I use for DeveloperWorks and SCE 2.3
        c)  My intranet password

Authentication failed every time... if there is such a thing, I am probably locked out of the alpha area now.
        Would you please let me know how to resolve? I have to get the customer going within the next 24 hours due to a business agreement.

Thank you,
        Kailash Marthi

P.S. Even tried different browsers: Firefox 17.0.6, Chrome 27.0.1453.94 m, IE 8.0.6001 without any luck

P.P.S. I went back to the IBM SmartCloud Enterprise dashboard again and verified - I can login with my email id and the password I use for SCE.

Updated on 2013-05-29T03:10:18Z at 2013-05-29T03:10:18Z by kmarthi
        • jose.reyes
          jose.reyes
          16 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-29T16:43:42Z  in response to kmarthi

Hi Kailash,

Just to confirmed, do you still have problems logging in to the portal?

Regards,

Jose Reyes

• kmarthi
            kmarthi
            2 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-29T20:20:24Z  in response to jose.reyes

Jose, Thanks for checking on this post. Lisa and Olman tracked the problem down to an empty password string in my OpenStack account. That caused my login to fail even though the authentication was being done against SCE. Olman said he put in a dummy password in my OpenStack account to get past the issue. 

I am able to login now.

kailash

• RiboRibo
    RiboRibo
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-21T13:18:22Z  in response to bmwshop

I can't get  logged on.  I don't know if I have an SCE userid.  Is that the same as a developerWork userid/email address, is it the same as my IBM id?  ( somewhere, I thought it said use your IBM Intranet userid because it was single sign on.)  I have tried all the ids I think could be it.  And updated by developerWorks password to no avail.

• RiboRibo
    RiboRibo
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Blue Zone, Yellow Zone

‏2013-05-21T13:29:19Z  in response to bmwshop

I think there are two 'zones' - which seem to be completely different systems.  The Blue zone, I think is internal IBM only and is at the URL https://cloudfirst.democentral.ibm.com/dashboard/login  -- and seems to use IBM Intranet email and password (and it doesn't know about projects in the yellow zone.)

The 'yellow zone' I think is visible in the public internet and is at https://cloudfirst.demos.ibm.com/dashboard/auth/login/ It seems to want a SCE account userid/email and password  -- which seems is supposed to be the developerWorks id / password or IBM ID and password.