5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-03T05:53:55Z by AmitJain15
AmitJain15
AmitJain15
6 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic JSF migration on WebSphere Application Server 7

‏2013-04-22T16:12:11Z |

Hi
I am working on migrating JSF (1.1)application from WAS 6.1 to 7. My JSF page contains few <hx:> tags. I know that these tags are part of WAS 5 and 6 server, hence it is not rendering correctly on WAS 7 and presenting !!jsftagmarker!!!jsftagmarker!! !!jsftagmarker!!!jsftagmarker!!.

Could you please advise what could be the replacement for these tag or how can we make these tags working on WAS 7?

Thanks in advance.

Amit

Updated on 2013-04-22T16:12:32Z at 2013-04-22T16:12:32Z by AmitJain15
  • bpaskin
    bpaskin
    2887 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: JSF migration on WebSphere Application Server 7

‏2013-04-23T12:59:47Z  in response to AmitJain15

Hi, they are part of WASv7 as well.  http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iadthelp/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.etools.jsf.doc/topics/rjsfcompPage.html .  You may be running into something else or the hx: function is not available.

Brian

• AmitJain15
      AmitJain15
      6 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-24T11:10:01Z  in response to bpaskin

Not sure, what the issue was, but I added the JSF jars in the shared libraries and it started working. However my understand it, if the websphere server itself provides these libraries, it should not be needed to attached it explicitly.

At this stage things are working but is it a acceptable way is a question.

• bpaskin
        bpaskin
        2887 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-24T14:57:30Z  in response to AmitJain15

Hi, Yes, that is not usual.  I have seen this issue before when something is missing.  Usually it is do to the classloading.  Did you rework your .ear file in RAD/Eclipse, etc?  If so, make sure you have the specific necessary references?

Regards, Brian

• AmitJain15
          AmitJain15
          6 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-26T07:06:17Z  in response to bpaskin

I am using MyEclipse and I didn't build the EAR again. I just redeployed the application and attached the jsf jar at runtime. I will also check whether the issue occur when I push the code to DEV and QA server. That will confirm whether the issue was with IDE.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks

Amit

• AmitJain15
            AmitJain15
            6 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-03T05:53:55Z  in response to AmitJain15

Hi there,

Could you please help me point out that jar which is available on WAS 7 server so that I can check whether it is available in the classpath? What is the jar name for jsf jar on server?

Regards

Amit