• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2016-04-22T20:52:01Z by gone.fishing
NicolasLR
NicolasLR
102 Posts

Pinned topic [Viewer] Open property pane automatically

‏2015-11-04T15:28:34Z | ecmhv ecmsupport icn

Hi fellows,

I wonder if there is a parameter (in URL, in administration pane...) to open automatically the "View Properties" Pane.

The default behavior is "View as Tabs".

If not, will creating a custom viewer be a way to do it?

Best regards,

Nicolas

• gone.fishing
    gone.fishing
    514 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: [Viewer] Open property pane automatically

‏2015-11-04T18:26:21Z  

You can debug into the event handling to figure out which event occurs to display the pane.  Then write a plugin to override the function to fire the event.

• gone.fishing
    gone.fishing
    514 Posts

‏2015-11-04T18:26:21Z  

You can debug into the event handling to figure out which event occurs to display the pane.  Then write a plugin to override the function to fire the event.

• RahulRP14
    RahulRP14
    68 Posts

‏2016-04-21T15:32:57Z  

Hi,

Can you please provide more details on the same.

I have called _showPropertiesPane() in ContentViewer.js file of navigator.war/ecm/widget/viewer, still its not working.

We are using Deaja View one Pro viewer for opening documents.

Thanks,

Rahul

• gone.fishing
    gone.fishing
    514 Posts

‏2016-04-22T16:08:20Z  
    • RahulRP14
    • ‏2016-04-21T15:32:57Z

Hi,

Can you please provide more details on the same.

I have called _showPropertiesPane() in ContentViewer.js file of navigator.war/ecm/widget/viewer, still its not working.

We are using Deaja View one Pro viewer for opening documents.

Thanks,

Rahul

There should be a post create method that you can add an event call to so the pane is open when it is created. 

• RahulRP14
    RahulRP14
    68 Posts

‏2016-04-22T18:35:02Z  

There should be a post create method that you can add an event call to so the pane is open when it is created. 

Hi,

Are you talking about creating a custom plugin and calling the event in postcreate method in the javascript file[plugin.js] . Currently when we click on View Properties icon,[click event] Properties pane is called by method _showPropertiesPane() in ContentViewer.js.

Can you please tell me exactly how I can get the event and implement in a custom plugin.Should I need to extend any functionality also.

Thanks,

Rahul

• gone.fishing
    gone.fishing
    514 Posts

‏2016-04-22T20:52:01Z  
    • RahulRP14
    • ‏2016-04-22T18:35:02Z

Hi,

Are you talking about creating a custom plugin and calling the event in postcreate method in the javascript file[plugin.js] . Currently when we click on View Properties icon,[click event] Properties pane is called by method _showPropertiesPane() in ContentViewer.js.

Can you please tell me exactly how I can get the event and implement in a custom plugin.Should I need to extend any functionality also.

Thanks,

Rahul

There are a number of resources that were created to help with plugin development.

Research the Content Navigator redbook, the online Knowledge Center, and look at the samples provided where the application is installed.

There are numerous questions on this forum that deal with plugins.

Google for help:  https://www.google.com/search?q=Content%20Navigator%20plugin%20development&rct=j