IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections platform will be sunset on December 31, 2019. On January 1, 2020, this forum will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ.
Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2019-07-11T01:11:26Z by jjassonn
jjassonn
jjassonn
4 Posts

Pinned topic How to change the image of default avatar?

‏2019-07-03T09:32:16Z | bpm customization ui

I have updated the file "default-avatar.png" but the avatar image in Process Portal remains the same. Where can I find the default avatar that's used?

• AndrewPaier
    AndrewPaier
    1200 Posts

Re: How to change the image of default avatar?

‏2019-07-08T17:47:39Z  

A few questions -

• What version of the product are you using?
    • If prior to 8.6, which portal are you using?
    • Where did you find / change the file you are referring to?
    • What additional steps did you try after changing that file?

-Andrew Paier

• jjassonn
    jjassonn
    4 Posts

‏2019-07-09T01:27:19Z  

A few questions -

• What version of the product are you using?
    • If prior to 8.6, which portal are you using?
    • Where did you find / change the file you are referring to?
    • What additional steps did you try after changing that file?

-Andrew Paier

Hi Andrew, thank you for responding. To answer your questions:

• IBM Business Process Manager 8.6.0.201803
    • The file was "default-avatar.png" in the Files list under Process Portal
    • No additional steps

I can see that the default image that is being displayed refers to "/rest/bpm/wle/v1/avatar/image/current?946681200000" although I'm not sure how to replace that.

Updated on 2019-07-09T01:27:47Z at 2019-07-09T01:27:47Z by jjassonn
  • AndrewPaier
    AndrewPaier
    1200 Posts

‏2019-07-09T18:08:23Z  
    • jjassonn
    • ‏2019-07-09T01:27:19Z

Hi Andrew, thank you for responding. To answer your questions:

• IBM Business Process Manager 8.6.0.201803
    • The file was "default-avatar.png" in the Files list under Process Portal
    • No additional steps

I can see that the default image that is being displayed refers to "/rest/bpm/wle/v1/avatar/image/current?946681200000" although I'm not sure how to replace that.

When you say "in the files list" what does that mean?  Are you editing the Portal Process App?  Modifying something in the WebSphere directories?  I think I need you to explain the steps to me like I'm 5 years old so I can understand what you did.  I've not done this before so I can't just tell you "do XYZ", but understanding what you have done will likely help a bunch.

-Andrew Paier

• jjassonn
    jjassonn
    4 Posts

‏2019-07-10T01:29:36Z  

When you say "in the files list" what does that mean?  Are you editing the Portal Process App?  Modifying something in the WebSphere directories?  I think I need you to explain the steps to me like I'm 5 years old so I can understand what you did.  I've not done this before so I can't just tell you "do XYZ", but understanding what you have done will likely help a bunch.

-Andrew Paier

Hey Andrew, basically I went to the Process Apps, opened Process Portal in designer, clicked Files, and replaced the file named "default-avatar.png" (I'm not entirely sure if this file was there to begin with, or added by someone else). That's all I have done so far.

• AndrewPaier
    AndrewPaier
    1200 Posts

‏2019-07-10T14:20:18Z  
    • jjassonn
    • ‏2019-07-10T01:29:36Z

Hey Andrew, basically I went to the Process Apps, opened Process Portal in designer, clicked Files, and replaced the file named "default-avatar.png" (I'm not entirely sure if this file was there to begin with, or added by someone else). That's all I have done so far.

I've not modified the portal myself, but I think you need to snapshot the portal and set the new snapshot as the default for the changes to be picked up.  You can confirm this for yourself by modifying one of the coaches in the portal in a way you can easily see (e.g. change the background color of an area to a different value) and seeing if the change is reflected in the portal you see when you go over to portal.  

Important Note: You should keep a log of all the changes you make to the default configuration as IBM does not provide (as of this writing) a capability to merge the changes you have made into future portal releases.  So, for example, if you go to BAW 18 (next step after BPM 8.6) there is likely a new portal snapshot.  You will need to open that one up and perform the same modifications to retain the look & feel your users have learned to expect.

-Andrew Paier

• jjassonn
    jjassonn
    4 Posts

‏2019-07-11T01:11:26Z  

I've not modified the portal myself, but I think you need to snapshot the portal and set the new snapshot as the default for the changes to be picked up.  You can confirm this for yourself by modifying one of the coaches in the portal in a way you can easily see (e.g. change the background color of an area to a different value) and seeing if the change is reflected in the portal you see when you go over to portal.  

Important Note: You should keep a log of all the changes you make to the default configuration as IBM does not provide (as of this writing) a capability to merge the changes you have made into future portal releases.  So, for example, if you go to BAW 18 (next step after BPM 8.6) there is likely a new portal snapshot.  You will need to open that one up and perform the same modifications to retain the look & feel your users have learned to expect.

-Andrew Paier

Hey Andrew, I have done many other changes to the portal and they are reflected just fine. Just can't figure out how to change the default avatar to use my own image. Thanks for the tips though.