Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-06-19T14:17:37Z by jwhowell
jwhowell
jwhowell
7 Posts

Pinned topic scapmui install command on AIX

‏2014-06-17T12:46:37Z |

I've downloaded the AIX SCAPMUI install from Passport Advantage but I can't get it to install.  If I follow the instructions in the User Guide and enter "install" I get back a usage prompt asking for a "File" parameter, plus several different parm flags.  I can't find any documentation on these options, and "install" is a binary so I can't read the code to figure it out.  There doesn't appear to be a help option on the command, either.  Anybody know what the correct syntax is?

• jwhowell
    jwhowell
    7 Posts

Re: scapmui install command on AIX

‏2014-06-19T14:17:37Z  

The installerAIX/install command requires a "File" parm to be passed but it is not documented what this should be.  The "install" command will return:

Usage: install [-c DirectoryA] [-f DirectoryB] [-i] [-m] [-M Mode] [-O Owner]
                   [-G Group] [-S] [-n DirectoryC] [-o] [-s] File [DirectoryX ...]

None of these options are documented and I have requested a doc apar be created.  Hopefully a technote will be published; maybe one of the developers will document this in the wiki?

If you are installing into an existing IBM Installation Manager environment, IM must be at version 1.7 or higher; you can get the upgrade from Fix Central and install it using the command

imcl install com.ibm.cic.agent -repositories <path-to-install-dir>/repository.config -preferences offering.service.repositories.areUsed=false -dataLocation <path-to-existing-IM-data-dir> -installationDirectory <path-to-existing-IM-installation> -acceptLicense

Then start Installation Manager and import the SCAPMUI repository, which is located in output_aix/repository.config.

After that you can install SCAPMUI using IM, following the instructions in the documentation.