• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-14T09:45:20Z by MatteoMarzuola
MatteoMarzuola
MatteoMarzuola
11 Posts

Pinned topic I.C.N eForms integration

‏2013-10-11T13:33:17Z |

Hi all,

I read in the infocenter (http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/cmgmt/v8r4m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.installingeuc.doc%2Feucco062.htm) that in the ICN 2.0.2 there is a new plugin (XTplugin.jar) to integrate eForms object in the content navigator.

In the previous version of ICN I tried to open as step processor an eForms object and I saw that it is required always to login in the WorkplaceXT to show the form.

In the 2.0.2 version it still need to login each time in the WorkplaceXT or this step is gone?

• damorris
    damorris
    796 Posts

Re: I.C.N eForms integration

‏2013-10-11T13:44:16Z  

I get this comment a lot, and I'm still not sure why people are struggling with this.  If you were having to log in to XT then it's because you didn't have SSO configured properly between the two servers OR you deployed ICN and XT in to the same server definition (something we do not support).

You need to configure XT and ICN to use the same SSO token and you won't see any issues with login challenges.

• TiloMaster
    TiloMaster
    21 Posts

‏2013-10-11T14:07:42Z  
    • damorris
    • ‏2013-10-11T13:44:16Z

I get this comment a lot, and I'm still not sure why people are struggling with this.  If you were having to log in to XT then it's because you didn't have SSO configured properly between the two servers OR you deployed ICN and XT in to the same server definition (something we do not support).

You need to configure XT and ICN to use the same SSO token and you won't see any issues with login challenges.

Hi Dana,

Don't want to hijack the topic but could you please explain further / link details for "you deployed ICN and XT in to the same server definition (something we do not support)."

• MatteoMarzuola
    MatteoMarzuola
    11 Posts

‏2013-10-11T14:13:17Z  
    • damorris
    • ‏2013-10-11T13:44:16Z

In the infocenter there is:

Enter the fully qualified URL to the Workplace XT server, for example: http://host_name:port_number/WorkplaceXT. When opening an eForms object in IBM Content Navigator, users might need to log in to Workplace XT one or more times.

What it means?

• damorris
    damorris
    796 Posts

‏2013-10-11T18:41:44Z  

In the infocenter there is:

Enter the fully qualified URL to the Workplace XT server, for example: http://host_name:port_number/WorkplaceXT. When opening an eForms object in IBM Content Navigator, users might need to log in to Workplace XT one or more times.

What it means?

Yes, as you've seen, if you don't configure SSO properly then users need to login again.  That's what this note is referring to.

• MatteoMarzuola
    MatteoMarzuola
    11 Posts

‏2013-10-14T09:45:20Z  
    • damorris
    • ‏2013-10-11T18:41:44Z

Yes, as you've seen, if you don't configure SSO properly then users need to login again.  That's what this note is referring to.

Hi Dana,

now in our environment we have a WAS profile where it is deployed both XT and Navigator.

If I move XT in an other profile, to enable the comunication between XT and Navigator without the need for authentication, which are the required steps to accomplish this?

It is enoughto export the lpta key from a profile and then I import that key in the other profile or it is required a SSO like Kerberos or something else?