• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-05T16:14:11Z by KaranBal
Rocky_01
Rocky_01
32 Posts

Pinned topic Change Company Name

‏2013-09-04T06:43:40Z |

Hi ,

We are having an up and running Production Environment. But currently their is a scenario for changing the company name from login screen.

Is it fine for us if we just go and change the company name followed by restarting the server? or do we need to take care of some other entities as well ?

Please advice.

Thanks

• KaranBal
    KaranBal
    108 Posts

Re: Change Company Name

‏2013-09-04T18:28:01Z  

You may use the $TOP/bin/db/rename_cmp.sh script to rename the company.
    From the description, it sounded like you want to change the company name directly from database using SQLs. This information is stored in the cmp table and you may do that but modifying the database tables directly is not supported and IBM will not troubleshoot any complications that may/may not arise.

• Rocky_01
    Rocky_01
    32 Posts

‏2013-09-05T09:26:54Z  
    • KaranBal
    • ‏2013-09-04T18:28:01Z

You may use the $TOP/bin/db/rename_cmp.sh script to rename the company.
    From the description, it sounded like you want to change the company name directly from database using SQLs. This information is stored in the cmp table and you may do that but modifying the database tables directly is not supported and IBM will not troubleshoot any complications that may/may not arise.

Thanks Karan,

I was also indicating the same "rename_cmp.sh" shell script. But the only concern here is, i am not sure wheather it is good to go for the rename process on an up and running environment or not :( .

Should we check for some processes before renaming the company name directly?

Thanks,

Rocky

• KaranBal
    KaranBal
    108 Posts

‏2013-09-05T16:14:11Z  
    • Rocky_01
    • ‏2013-09-05T09:26:54Z

Thanks Karan,

I was also indicating the same "rename_cmp.sh" shell script. But the only concern here is, i am not sure wheather it is good to go for the rename process on an up and running environment or not :( .

Should we check for some processes before renaming the company name directly?

Thanks,

Rocky

Your understanding is accurate, you should shut down all the services and esp the appserver process before running this script. Any script that modifies the database should be run during downtime.