3 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-06-08T06:26:20Z by YPS1_guybrush_guybrush
SwethaRai
SwethaRai
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic ReRun/Reschedule Orchestration

‏2014-06-05T10:19:54Z |

Could anyone help me with the below query w.r.t Schedule

If an orchestration is scheduled to run at 2AM and job gets triggered at 2AM but the incoming fileinput fails to come in at 2AM but instead comes in 

only at 5AM.  But at this time the job would be in a stopped state.

Is there a way to rerun the job when the file comesin?

Thanks,

Swetha Rai

• jainnitin10
    jainnitin10
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ReRun/Reschedule Orchestration

‏2014-06-05T13:13:15Z  in response to SwethaRai

If your job is on appliance..as you run the job..it remains running all the time, until you manually stop the job. If you have selected daily option, then your job would be triggered next day at same time and it will pick the file, which was there since 5 AM.

• peachy
    peachy
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-06-06T13:21:14Z  in response to SwethaRai

It is a best practice that jobs starting with a Schedule Job activity should also be configure to have an HTTP Receive Request starter so that a job instance can be started on demand. I might  omit the second starter for jobs that run frequently but I would definitely include this for jobs that run daily or less frequently.

• YPS1_guybrush_guybrush
      13 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-06-08T06:26:20Z  in response to peachy

Peachy is right. If you anticipate that your orchestration need to be retrigger after the normal scheduler execution failed, usually you'll need to design your orchestration flexible enough to accept ad-hoc http call to trigger it. We often will design like this:

Pick --> Schduler

--> HTTP Receive