• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-06-05T19:35:37Z by AlexFleischer
kasm
kasm
15 Posts

Pinned topic ununderstable "not enough memory" error

‏2014-06-05T11:14:10Z |

Hello,

I am running a column generation project on cplex 12.4 and for that i have to call iteratively a master and a pricing model.

I pay attention to always end() all object defined but with a generation of only 14 columns, i get "not enough memory" error with a use of 1,65Go. Please have a look to the Profiler file here and tell me why does it consume so much memory almost every time a LOAD or an EXTRACT is done.

I use the same data file for all model so I don't end the dataSource object before the end of the program but I add it to each model that I define.

I really need your help. Thanks

Attachments

• AlexFleischer
    AlexFleischer
    1206 Posts

Re: ununderstable "not enough memory" error

‏2014-06-05T12:53:04Z  

Hi,

what you could do is attach a reduced example with the issue so that others can have a look.

But my first advice would be to move to cplex 12.6

regards

• kasm
    kasm
    15 Posts

‏2014-06-05T14:23:13Z  

Hi,

what you could do is attach a reduced example with the issue so that others can have a look.

But my first advice would be to move to cplex 12.6

regards

Thanks for the advice,

Can you tell me what is the advantage of this version compared to the one i am using now, i mean in the context of the current problem?

And by exemple, do you need a data file because the model itself is quite difficult. It is a mix of colum generation and local search heuristique.

• AlexFleischer
    AlexFleischer
    1206 Posts

‏2014-06-05T19:35:37Z  
    • kasm
    • ‏2014-06-05T14:23:13Z

Thanks for the advice,

Can you tell me what is the advantage of this version compared to the one i am using now, i mean in the context of the current problem?

And by exemple, do you need a data file because the model itself is quite difficult. It is a mix of colum generation and local search heuristique.

Recent versions generally work better.

So my suggestion:

1) Try with 12.6

2) Try to reduce your model

3) Attach a sample that anybody could run and that does not work properly

regards