• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-02-14T09:16:56Z by DaniloF
DaniloF
DaniloF
8 Posts

Pinned topic Move asset inside an automation script

‏2014-02-12T12:59:34Z |

Hi

I need to insert the statements to move assets from the actual to an existing location inside an automation script.

Scenario: at the closure of a change, a script performs a stack of validations and little operations (out of scope now), and all the related assets (linked by MULTIASSETLOCCI) must move to a specific location.

Anyone knows how to call the methods to move the assets?

ThankYou in advance

• Dex_
    Dex_
    34 Posts

Re: Move asset inside an automation script

‏2014-02-14T03:10:12Z  

There are fields on the multassetlocci object (I forget their exact names right now) that will cause Maximo to automatically move those assets to the specified location on completion of the workorder.

If that doesn't meet your needs for some reason, then you need to set a couple of fields on the asset ("movetoloc" and "movetosite"? I forget these right now too) and then call "moveAsset" on the asset MBO. Make sure your MBO is referenced as an "AssetRemote" (casting it if necessary).

Sorry those answers are at such a high level (and potentially a little incorrect). I am writing this away from my reference material right now. If you want more detail, I can try to provide it when I am back in the office.

-Dex

• DaniloF
    DaniloF
    8 Posts

Re: Move asset inside an automation script

‏2014-02-14T09:16:56Z  
    • Dex_
    • ‏2014-02-14T03:10:12Z

There are fields on the multassetlocci object (I forget their exact names right now) that will cause Maximo to automatically move those assets to the specified location on completion of the workorder.

If that doesn't meet your needs for some reason, then you need to set a couple of fields on the asset ("movetoloc" and "movetosite"? I forget these right now too) and then call "moveAsset" on the asset MBO. Make sure your MBO is referenced as an "AssetRemote" (casting it if necessary).

Sorry those answers are at such a high level (and potentially a little incorrect). I am writing this away from my reference material right now. If you want more detail, I can try to provide it when I am back in the office.

-Dex

Probably the key is to reference the asset as AssetRemote.. I'm going to try this way. ThankYou!