Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-18T21:26:44Z by tfriedr
clivia
clivia
1 Post

Pinned topic How to create a BigInsights server connection

‏2013-06-24T21:47:40Z |

I have a vmware image (BigDataSolutions-v2r8).  I also have another vmware image that contains the Eclipse IDE.  I have installed the BigInsightsEclipseTools to the Eclipse IDE.

I am working through the "Developing your first big data application" tutorial.  I am at the step where I need to create the BigInsights Server Connection.  I verified that on the Eclipse IDE vmware image I am able to bring up the BigInsight Console and the login ID = biadmin, the pw = passw0rd.

When I tried to create the BigInsight Server Connection

URL = http://bigdata:8080/login.jsp

Server name = bigdata

Then I select Test connection.  It prompts me for USER ID and Password.  I enter biadmin / passw0rd.  I kept on getting error msg "A web server connection could not be established: Server authentication failed.  Verify that user ID and password are correct".

Not sure what else I need to do or what other parameters I did not setup. 

Appreciate any help you can offer.

Laifong

• Rahul_Telgote
    Rahul_Telgote
    1 Post

Getting Error while making BigInsights Server connection from Eclipse 3.6.2 while creating Big SQL queries

‏2013-09-18T05:56:46Z  

I have installed BigInsightsEclipseTool plugins in Eclipse 3.6.2. I am trying to connect Biginsights server connection to execute the Big SQL queries.

But I am getting error like "Ping Failed".

...would be grateful if you could help me out.

Rahul

• tfriedr
    tfriedr
    28 Posts

Re: Getting Error while making BigInsights Server connection from Eclipse 3.6.2 while creating Big SQL queries

‏2013-09-18T21:22:27Z  

I have installed BigInsightsEclipseTool plugins in Eclipse 3.6.2. I am trying to connect Biginsights server connection to execute the Big SQL queries.

But I am getting error like "Ping Failed".

...would be grateful if you could help me out.

Rahul

Hi Rahul,

There are a few things you can check out:
    - host and port of the Big SQL server: What host name and port are you using to connect to the Big SQL server? If you installed the Big SQL server on a different node than the web console, you need to use a different host name. Also, the port needs to be the Big SQL server port. Both Big SQL server name and port you can get from the web console's cluster status page (default is 7052). The url should look something like this:
    jdbc:bigsql://yourserver.com:7052/default
    - Make sure that the Big SQL server is up and running before you try to connect.
    - Update the user id and password of the Big SQL connection that is defined in Eclipse. Right mouse button click on the Big SQL connection under Database Connections in the Database Development perspective and select Properties. In the user name and password fields, enter your web console credentials (Big SQL server is using the same credentials as the web console). If you have installed BigInsights without security, any user id and password can be provided (for example user/user) as the fields are mandatory.

• tfriedr
    tfriedr
    28 Posts

Re: How to create a BigInsights server connection

‏2013-09-18T21:26:44Z  

Hi Laifong,

Instead of using the URL of the login page, you should either just use the host and port of the web console like this http://bigdata:8080, or use the full url of the main page of the web console like this: http://bigdata:8080/data/html/index.html