• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-19T06:10:27Z by mkcr
mkcr
mkcr
2 Posts

Pinned topic WDT + Eclipse Juno + WAS8

‏2013-09-18T06:49:35Z |

Hi,

I have a problem with resources not being properly published to WAS in my project.

The project is maven application deployed to websphere 8 using wdt in eclipse juno. Whenever I update a resource in my web module (JSP, JS etc.) it is not updated in \.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp0

It is only copied there once after Add and Remove dialog or when I explicitly publish changes to the server (which reinstalls the whole application).

My publishing settings are: Never publish automatically; Run server with resources within workspace; Minimize application files copied to the server is unchecked.

If I change publishing to Automatically, changes are published after specified interval but at the same time the application is being reinstalled.

I am pretty sure that when working in RAD, it allowed to change resources without the need to reinstall the whole application, and the changes could be seen immediately.

• StevenHung
    StevenHung
    21 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WDT + Eclipse Juno + WAS8

‏2013-09-18T15:34:36Z  

The behaviour you are seeing is expected in both RAD and WDT for non-single root projects.

For non-single root projects, the resources will be copied to the tmp directory. It will be copied there in the cases you had mentioned: Add or Remove dialog or explicitly calling a publish.

It's only in the single-root case that resources like JSP and HTML will be updated without requiring a republish.

• StevenHung
    StevenHung
    21 Posts

‏2013-09-18T15:34:36Z  

The behaviour you are seeing is expected in both RAD and WDT for non-single root projects.

For non-single root projects, the resources will be copied to the tmp directory. It will be copied there in the cases you had mentioned: Add or Remove dialog or explicitly calling a publish.

It's only in the single-root case that resources like JSP and HTML will be updated without requiring a republish.

• mkcr
    mkcr
    2 Posts

‏2013-09-19T06:10:27Z  

Thank you for quick response.

Adding 

<outputDirectory>src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/classes</outputDirectory>

in webmodule POM did the trick. Resources are taken directly from workspace. 

Still one thing bothers me. When I change my publishing to Automatically and edit only JSP, the publishing takes place, despite the fact that JSP should not trigger publish as it stands so in Advanced Publishing Settings.

----

Update: It turned out that along with JSP, pom.xml and pom.properties in META-INF/maven/ were touched too, that's why publish was triggered.