• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-07-22T08:53:23Z by fj81
fj81
fj81
2 Posts

Pinned topic Problems with Installation DB2-express

‏2014-07-21T12:32:57Z |

Hello,

I just tried to install DB2-express-c on my Computer, but during the instalation wizard I receive the message, that an error occured and that the Installation was stoped. I just had a look in the log-file, which was automatically generated, but this informations doesn't help me. I only see that there was an error.

I attached the logfile, maybe somebody can help me.

My operating System is Windows 8.1 Professional 64Bit.

Kind Regards,

Fabian

• MaryKKassey
    MaryKKassey
    4 Posts

Re: Problems with Installation DB2-express

‏2014-07-21T22:46:26Z  

Hi Fabian,All versions prior to 10.1 FP3 are unsupported on Windows 8.1. 10.1 FP4 is the first one to support Win 8.1. Currently no fixpacks for 9.7, 10.5 supports this OS version. So there is a workaround to install DB2 on versions/fixpacks that do not support Win 8.1. Here is the technote link, please check: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21669298

If the above does not help, please provide the following:

-  What version of DB2 are you trying to install? Is it 32/64-bit DB2?

- What steps have you used to install DB2, is it using setup wizard or command line? Remember to right click setup.exe  (or cmd.exe from where setup.exe command is issued) and say "run as administrator"

- Are you installing DB2 as a local administrator?

Thanks

Mary

IBM DB2 Support

• fj81
    fj81
    2 Posts

Re: Problems with Installation DB2-express

‏2014-07-22T08:53:23Z  

Hi Fabian,All versions prior to 10.1 FP3 are unsupported on Windows 8.1. 10.1 FP4 is the first one to support Win 8.1. Currently no fixpacks for 9.7, 10.5 supports this OS version. So there is a workaround to install DB2 on versions/fixpacks that do not support Win 8.1. Here is the technote link, please check: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21669298

If the above does not help, please provide the following:

-  What version of DB2 are you trying to install? Is it 32/64-bit DB2?

- What steps have you used to install DB2, is it using setup wizard or command line? Remember to right click setup.exe  (or cmd.exe from where setup.exe command is issued) and say "run as administrator"

- Are you installing DB2 as a local administrator?

Thanks

Mary

IBM DB2 Support

Hello Mary,

first of all thank you for your mail. The Workaround you have send me, I have found after a Long search in the Internet. I tried a silent Installation but also this doesen't work.

Here I have the Information you requested:

Version DB2 => v10.5fp1_winx64_expc on a Win 8.1 Pro 64Bit System

Steps for Installation:

1. Normal Installation using the Setup Wizard and I said I want to run the Setup as Admin
    2. Using the silent Installation by using Windows Powershell (also as Admin). The Installation File which I used you can find as Attachement

Loyal Admin:

Yes I have the local admin rights.

Do I understand it right, that the Version 10.1 FP4 would work? Maybe I will try to find this Version and install it, because the Workarounds haven't worked until now.

Tahnks a lot for your help until now.

Fabian

Attachments