IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections platform will be sunset on December 31, 2019. On January 1, 2020, this community and its apps will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ.
Topic
  • 10 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2015-07-15T12:01:06Z by Meriem
Meriem
Meriem
27 Posts

Pinned topic Hide the Clause where from the List view

‏2015-07-09T11:08:56Z | application clause maximo security where

Hi,
I want to hide the Clause where  from the List view in all application in Maximo 7.1.
In security application, I give access to signature option "serachwhere" with condition to such users. But it seems that the condition is not validated.
To be sure that my condition is true, I give access to signature option "serachwhere" if the condition (1=2) is true. But when I log on into an application in maximo, I find that the clause where is always there.
There is any help!
Thanks.

• jasonverly
    jasonverly
    283 Posts

Re: Hide the Clause where from the List view

‏2015-07-09T14:06:00Z  

You need to uncheck the 'Where Clause' feature in applications setting. This however also removes the 'Advanced Search' box. It's an all or nothing change.

• Meriem
    Meriem
    27 Posts

‏2015-07-09T14:12:06Z  

Thanks for your help,

But I want to let the 'clause where' appears for such users and don't remove the 'Advanced Search' box. I means I don't want to hide it at all and for all users.

When I grant access to the 'where clause' under condition. I find as the condition is not validated at all !

Updated on 2015-07-09T14:13:49Z at 2015-07-09T14:13:49Z by Meriem
  • jasonverly
    jasonverly
    283 Posts

‏2015-07-09T14:39:54Z  

Sorry, I made a mistake on my statement above. If you remove the checkmark on the sigoption for the 'Where Clause', it will just remove it from the 'Adv Search' drop down, but not remove the 'Adv Search' itself. I was in the wrong profile when I tested removing the check mark. You have two other options from here:

• Create different security groups for users who should have access vs users who shouldn't.
    • Create a Person Grp for users who should have access and then create a Conditional Expression to check if a user is in that Person Group. Add the Conditional Expression to the 'Where Clause' sigoption to have the 'Where Clause' show up for only specific users.

The first option works better for a lot of users. The second option works better if you're dealing with a small group that doesn't change a lot. 

• Meriem
    Meriem
    27 Posts

‏2015-07-09T15:42:52Z  

Sorry, I made a mistake on my statement above. If you remove the checkmark on the sigoption for the 'Where Clause', it will just remove it from the 'Adv Search' drop down, but not remove the 'Adv Search' itself. I was in the wrong profile when I tested removing the check mark. You have two other options from here:

• Create different security groups for users who should have access vs users who shouldn't.
    • Create a Person Grp for users who should have access and then create a Conditional Expression to check if a user is in that Person Group. Add the Conditional Expression to the 'Where Clause' sigoption to have the 'Where Clause' show up for only specific users.

The first option works better for a lot of users. The second option works better if you're dealing with a small group that doesn't change a lot. 

I applied the 2nd solution. I went to security application, and then I grant access under condition to the 'Where Clause' sigoption using the conditional condition. 

the problem is not resolved : ( 

I find that the conditional condition is not evaluated at all.  

• jasonverly
    jasonverly
    283 Posts

‏2015-07-09T16:52:09Z  
    • Meriem
    • ‏2015-07-09T15:42:52Z

I applied the 2nd solution. I went to security application, and then I grant access under condition to the 'Where Clause' sigoption using the conditional condition. 

the problem is not resolved : ( 

I find that the conditional condition is not evaluated at all.  

Give me the afternoon and I'll write something up. I tested the scenario with a Person Group, Conditional Expression, applying it to the Sigoption and it gave the results you wanted. 

• jasonverly
    jasonverly
    283 Posts

‏2015-07-09T17:26:19Z  

Give me the afternoon and I'll write something up. I tested the scenario with a Person Group, Conditional Expression, applying it to the Sigoption and it gave the results you wanted. 

Just to clarify. This is what you want some users (depending on who they are or what restrictions you want to place) would see when looking at the drop down from the 'Advanced Search' box. They can search on the List Tab or use the Advanced Search, but would not be able to see/use the 'Where Clause' dialog box. Correct?

• jasonverly
    jasonverly
    283 Posts

‏2015-07-09T19:02:29Z  

Just to clarify. This is what you want some users (depending on who they are or what restrictions you want to place) would see when looking at the drop down from the 'Advanced Search' box. They can search on the List Tab or use the Advanced Search, but would not be able to see/use the 'Where Clause' dialog box. Correct?

See if this walk through is what you were looking for:

http://mygeekdaddy.net/2015/07/09/conditionally-show-where-clause-search-box/

• Meriem
    Meriem
    27 Posts

‏2015-07-10T11:01:49Z  

See if this walk through is what you were looking for:

http://mygeekdaddy.net/2015/07/09/conditionally-show-where-clause-search-box/

Thanks for your help, that is exactly what I'm looking for.

I followed step by step the tutorial, but the clause where is not hidden at all. When I click on the link of the search where button,  I get message saying that I'm not allowed to execute that action.

The error I get is :

BMXAA0029E You are not authorized to perform this action for this record.

The solution proposed by IBM is to use the Users application to grant the required permissions (For further information : http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLL84_7.6.0/com.ibm.mammsg.doc_7.6.0/msg_bmxaa0029e.html?lang=pl). But the search where sigoption is not associated to any action !

There is any help or explanation for the error that I got ?

Thanks again for your help !

Updated on 2015-07-10T11:17:38Z at 2015-07-10T11:17:38Z by Meriem
  • jasonverly
    jasonverly
    283 Posts

‏2015-07-10T17:42:26Z  
    • Meriem
    • ‏2015-07-10T11:01:49Z

Thanks for your help, that is exactly what I'm looking for.

I followed step by step the tutorial, but the clause where is not hidden at all. When I click on the link of the search where button,  I get message saying that I'm not allowed to execute that action.

The error I get is :

<pre class="css dw" data-editor-lang="css" data-pbcklang="css" dir="ltr">BMXAA0029E You are not authorized to perform this action for this record. </pre>

The solution proposed by IBM is to use the Users application to grant the required permissions (For further information : http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLL84_7.6.0/com.ibm.mammsg.doc_7.6.0/msg_bmxaa0029e.html?lang=pl). But the search where sigoption is not associated to any action !

There is any help or explanation for the error that I got ?

Thanks again for your help !

I'm not sure what your entire secuirty group set up is, but my guess is that the users have duplicated access to a given application. When you go to the app, because of the duplicate access, the Where Clause box shows up. But then when you try to use the box the restriction kicks in. 

• Meriem
    Meriem
    27 Posts

‏2015-07-15T12:01:06Z  

I create a new user and security group. I associated the user to the new group and I give him access to search clause using condition ( 1=0 and 2=3 and 5=9). The problem is not resolved. When I log on application, the clause where is always there : (