Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-07-02T08:32:22Z by kossi
kossi
kossi
13 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Notes with reader & author fields

‏2013-07-01T16:47:05Z |

In some Notes applications there is a strong usage of reader & author fields for security reason: You are able to read a document only if you're a member of the reader or author fields (and of course you've read access at least for the database himself).

I've tried to crawl such a database , but I get zero documents.

Details:
ACL in that Notes database:
- the crawling user is Manager with the rule [ReadAll],
- the -Default- is Editor with "all" rights but without the rule [ReadAll]
We have the calculated reader field "Leser" predefined in the form with '[ReadAll]', and we have the author field "Autor" which is editable with more entries and predefined with @Author. In Notes all works fine and as expected: 4 different users get a different number documents: 3 - 2 - 2(others) - 0 (I have 3 documents with different author settings and different rule [ReadAll] allocation in that database).

When we have a secure collection and we crawl that database with a notes-DIIOP-crawler, I get zero documents . Secured notes databases in the same crawler on the same systems works fine (with security) in ICA search.

When I have a secure collection and we crawl that database with a notes NRPC-crawler, I get zero documents too.
When I have an unsecure collection and we crawl with notes DIIOP- or NRPC-crawler, I get zero documents every time.

Any idea how to deal with reader & author fields in an secure notes environment in ICA?

Thanks
Michael

• kossi
    kossi
    13 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Notes with reader & author fields

‏2013-07-02T08:32:22Z  in response to kossi

Hi,

it works as expected, it was a typing error... Sorry ...

====>>> Solved

And: -Default- with Author right is the correct value.

Thanks
    Michael

Updated on 2013-07-02T08:35:09Z at 2013-07-02T08:35:09Z by kossi