Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-04-23T18:14:04Z by IngoP
Rajesh_Rana
Rajesh_Rana
11 Posts

Pinned topic RDz Menu Manager: How to display a custom menu in program opened in ChangeMan(Serena).

‏2013-04-19T06:29:12Z |

Hi,

Recently I worked on Menu manager where we can execute different CLIST/REXX pgms/commands. I had created some custom menu's which are appearing in Remote System view, and in LPEX editor but when I want to use the same menu wih Serena Changeman they are not apperaring there upon right click.

Please see the attachement for bettter understanding.

Can anyone please help.

Attachments

• IngoP
    IngoP
    10 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: RDz Menu Manager: How to display a custom menu in program opened in ChangeMan(Serena).

‏2013-04-22T06:31:36Z  

Hi,

I am sorry to say it: but theres is currently no way to customize (add menu items) in the Serena plugIn. Only possibility is the customizing via ZDDOPTS on z/OS, but this even not allow to much (eso. no new functions/menus).

And, as it is a separate plugin (and not RDz base functionality), menu manger doesn't helpt at all.

The Serena PlugIn is very limited. If you need mor functionality / flexibility while conneting to ChangeMan from RDz, please contact me via pm.

Cheers,

Ingo

• IngoP
    IngoP
    10 Posts

Re: RDz Menu Manager: How to display a custom menu in program opened in ChangeMan(Serena).

‏2013-04-22T06:31:36Z  

Hi,

I am sorry to say it: but theres is currently no way to customize (add menu items) in the Serena plugIn. Only possibility is the customizing via ZDDOPTS on z/OS, but this even not allow to much (eso. no new functions/menus).

And, as it is a separate plugin (and not RDz base functionality), menu manger doesn't helpt at all.

The Serena PlugIn is very limited. If you need mor functionality / flexibility while conneting to ChangeMan from RDz, please contact me via pm.

Cheers,

Ingo

• Rajesh_Rana
    Rajesh_Rana
    11 Posts

‏2013-04-23T04:58:02Z  
    • IngoP
    • ‏2013-04-22T06:31:36Z

Hi,

Cheers,

Ingo

Thanks for your answer. I have serena installed in RDz and I am able to connect too. Which functionality you are talking about.

• IngoP
    IngoP
    10 Posts

‏2013-04-23T07:44:12Z  

Thanks for your answer. I have serena installed in RDz and I am able to connect too. Which functionality you are talking about.

Hi,

sorry for misunderstanding. As explained before: Within the Serena PlugIn you have no way to add further functionality besides ZDDOPTS - which means: no own menu items.

If you need more flexibility in connecting ChangeMan to RDz, you need a different product for this connection (which we have in our portfolio).

As is not the place for advertising stuff, you can contact me directly, if you need further info on that.

Cheers,

Ingo

• Rajesh_Rana
    Rajesh_Rana
    11 Posts

‏2013-04-23T18:06:15Z  
    • IngoP
    • ‏2013-04-23T07:44:12Z

Hi,

sorry for misunderstanding. As explained before: Within the Serena PlugIn you have no way to add further functionality besides ZDDOPTS - which means: no own menu items.

If you need more flexibility in connecting ChangeMan to RDz, you need a different product for this connection (which we have in our portfolio).

As is not the place for advertising stuff, you can contact me directly, if you need further info on that.

Cheers,

Ingo

Ok. I will be good if you can help me regarding this. Can you please share your email so that I can contact you....

Regards,

Rajesh

• IngoP
    IngoP
    10 Posts

‏2013-04-23T18:14:04Z  

Ok. I will be good if you can help me regarding this. Can you please share your email so that I can contact you....

Regards,

Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

You can contact me with mail to ip(at)profics.ch.

Cheers,

Ingo