Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-06-24T21:45:01Z by RavikanthChavali
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1086 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Pre-processor error?

‏2013-04-05T13:46:21Z |
Hi Folks

I hope someone can help me.

I'm running some non standard COBOL (contains vendor FIS specific commands) through a pre-processor to generate standard COBOL which is returned to RDz in the background to resolve all the nasty errors that would show if we did not run through pre-processors.

This works fine except for one thing. Our vendor's pre-processor generates a little bit of COBOL after the final statement of the original source code. Obviously not a problem to the COBOL compiler but RDz flags this as an error which is annoying.

This is the non standard COBOL in the opriginal source - it shows an error "Preprocessor statement resolution contains the following error: Unable to resolve reference to SAA-RETURN-TO-SASERV"

EXEC API 01650000
RETURN 01660000
END-EXEC.

This is the underlying COBOL which is generated corresponding tot he above statements
* EXEC API 01650000
* RETURN 01660000
* END-EXEC. 01670000
GO TO SAA-RETURN-TO-SASERV.
This is the code that is inserted at the end of the source

SAA-RETURN-TO-SASERV. SAAPI121
IF SAS-FLUSH-FLAG EQUAL 'Y' SAAPI121
MOVE +16 TO SAS-RCODE. SAAPI121
GOBACK.

So it looks like RDz is unaware of SAA-RETURN-TO-SASERV becuase it has been inserted after the end of the original source (if I move it earlier in the source by hand in the pre-processor putput file and then re-import to RDz it does become aware of it).

Has anyone experienced this? got any thoughts? is it a known bug?