Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-04-04T17:23:55Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
684 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Issues connecting ibm mq client to a lower version.

‏2013-04-04T16:39:06Z |
I am using 7x (7.5 mq client amqmdnet.dll) via .net and using `MQPutMessageOptions` and `MQGetMessageOptions`, this code works fine with mq 7.5 ibm client, however per IBM official link,

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21312967

says 7x mq client will be backward compatible with 6x, when i try to connect, i get this error (am in a windows 7 64-bit OS).

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'IBM.WMQ.MQQueueManager' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'IBM.WMQ.CommonServices' threw an exception. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at IBM.WMQ.CommonServices..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at IBM.WMQ.CommonServices.TraceEnabled()
at IBM.WMQ.MQBase..ctor()
at IBM.WMQ.Nmqi.NmqiEnvironment..ctor(NmqiPropertyHandler nmqiPropertyHandler)
at IBM.WMQ.Nmqi.NmqiFactory.GetInstance(NmqiPropertyHandler properties)
at IBM.WMQ.MQQueueManager..cctor()

The line that throws the above error is :

MQQueueManager mqQMgr = new MQQueueManager("My queue manager" , "my channel name" ,"my connection name");

PS: the above line with the same params work fine in 7.5 mq client , but fails when a 6x (for ex: 6.0.2.5 mq client is installed, i have done 'typical' installation (full installation of 6x mq client).

Any idea how to make it work with 6.0.2.5?
Updated on 2013-04-04T17:23:55Z at 2013-04-04T17:23:55Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    684 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Issues connecting ibm mq client to a lower version.

‏2013-04-04T17:23:55Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I resolved this, this will run only when queue manager on remote machine is of 6x.