IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-04-04T12:27:16Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
67 Posts

Pinned topic JDBC Adapter wizard does not validate stored procedure

‏2013-04-04T08:56:57Z |
I am using JDBC Adapter 7.0.x on IID 7.5, trying to create an import against the following stored procedure in Oracle 11g, but I can't validate the stored procedure in the wizard, regardless of the type of data I choose

procedure submitRequest (v_callerid in varchar2, v_model_name in varchar2, v_parameters in clob, v_reqLaunchTime in varchar2 default null, is_immediate_launch number default 1, requestId out number)

Wizard proposal is String for varchar2 and clob, and decimal for number. Anyway even changing in 'clob' for v_parameters or choosing other types I can't validate the stored procedure.
May it be due to the return field?
What can I do?
Thanks
MM
Updated on 2013-04-04T12:27:16Z at 2013-04-04T12:27:16Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    67 Posts

Re: JDBC Adapter wizard does not validate stored procedure

‏2013-04-04T09:49:34Z  
    Hi MM,

IID's External service wizard should log the reason of failure in the log file. Please check if you have set the IID's EMD logging level to "ALL". I have attached the screen shot highlighting the place where you need to set the log level during creation of import artifacts in IID. You also have an option to provide location of the trace to get created on your file system.

Please note JDBC adapter validates the stored procedure based on the sample data provided during validation in external service wizard in IID.

You can find the reason of failure in the logs.

Thanks,
    Vinod Valecha
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    67 Posts

Re: JDBC Adapter wizard does not validate stored procedure

‏2013-04-04T12:27:16Z  
    Hi MM,

IID's External service wizard should log the reason of failure in the log file. Please check if you have set the IID's EMD logging level to "ALL". I have attached the screen shot highlighting the place where you need to set the log level during creation of import artifacts in IID. You also have an option to provide location of the trace to get created on your file system.

Please note JDBC adapter validates the stored procedure based on the sample data provided during validation in external service wizard in IID.

You can find the reason of failure in the logs.

Thanks,
    Vinod Valecha
    Hi Vinod
    I followed your precious tips. I have a verbose log now, but unfortunately it does not report the reason of failure in validation. Anyway your post was very helpful and at least I could validate the stored procedure: I had to provide correct values for input params in validation forms. I had to study the stored procedure and a running example to fill in with correct values, and wizard tests succesfully now.
    Thank you very much
    Marco