Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
7 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-04-06T09:26:21Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
9855 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Workflow Export & Import

‏2013-04-04T00:14:53Z |
Is there any API that supports to export and import the workflow?

The purpose of this question is to automate the deployment of Tivoli artifacts (such as policy, workflow etc).

Many thanks.
Updated on 2013-04-06T09:26:21Z at 2013-04-06T09:26:21Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    9855 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Workflow Export & Import

‏2013-04-04T01:29:51Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    The question is about Tivoli Identity Manager, thanks.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      9855 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-04T06:43:14Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      There are no public API for import/export that I know of.

You should be able to get the operational workflows through the APIs by going through each type e.g. ObjectProfileCatery, ServiceProfile etc. This requires an intimate knowledge of how the operational workflow model is constructed - that is actually a very long history and not suitable here.

If you go down this route you should study the ldap schema and the API doc very carefully to understand how this fits together - this is definitely not for the fainthearted ;-)

I have been working on trying to get a grip of this since the operational workflows was introduced in 4.5 - I think I have good understanding of it now - but it has taken years in the workflow engine to get to this...

HTH

Regards
      Franz Wolfhagen
  • TiborB
    TiborB
    19 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-04T15:30:22Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    We typically automate workflow updates (say moving from test environment to production) by exporting operations to an LDIF and loading the LDIF to the target environment. This works fine, but care should be taken - erglobalids of the operation in the source and target environment should be the same.

Hope this helps.
       T
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    9855 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-06T01:24:59Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Thanks, Franz Wolfhagen and TiborB. As I do not have idea about how workflow stored in LDAP, would it be possible for you to provide more information? Thanks in advance.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      9855 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-06T09:15:41Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Two places to start - the ldap server it self and the API doc/smaples.

The ldap structure is documented here : http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v2r1/topic/com.ibm.isim.doc_6.0/landing/dbschema_landing.htm

You should get at good ldap browser - my personal preferences (as they are free and actively maintained) are jxplorer and Apache Directory Studio.

If you go to the API doc start checking out the Category and different object profiles - this will be clearer when you have studied the ldap structure first...

HTH

Regards
      Franz Wolfhagen
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      9855 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-06T09:24:14Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thanks all, and I found a document about the TIM LDAP Schema at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/tividd/td/ITIM/SC32-1494-00/en_US/HTML/im451_pdg06.htm

And I was able to export the workflow definition from LDAP, thanks.