Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-04-03T22:42:28Z by SystemAdmin
Steola
Steola
14 Posts

Pinned topic Validate receive message

‏2013-04-02T18:15:29Z |
How could i validate that a test message sent by a third party was received in my queue? Are there any logs for receiving channel or queue? Connection is configured with sender/receiver channel.
I know it sounds silly but i inherited a complex configured system where couple of applications have listeners and not sure if they steal the message... As far as i can tell, no! Third party claims message was sent successfully but does not land in my queue. I have a test program that does successfully put a message in same queue.
thanks.
Updated on 2013-04-03T22:42:28Z at 2013-04-03T22:42:28Z by SystemAdmin
  • Steola
    Steola
    14 Posts

Re: Validate receive message

‏2013-04-03T15:51:09Z  
    there is an update... the third party were convinced they were sending messages, while nothing was received on our end.
    Our receiver channel was down when should of been auto started by their sender. What they tried was restart their sender channel and suddenly our receiver started and we got messages!
    Question remains, how to validate this situation when sender is convinced the message was successfully delivered...

I am thinking some simple check for this drastic discrepancy...

Don't know if Activity logs which are unreadable would help and not sure how to use stats if set on receiving channel?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    8523 Posts

Re: Validate receive message

‏2013-04-03T22:42:28Z  
    • Steola
    • ‏2013-04-03T15:51:09Z
    there is an update... the third party were convinced they were sending messages, while nothing was received on our end.
    Our receiver channel was down when should of been auto started by their sender. What they tried was restart their sender channel and suddenly our receiver started and we got messages!
    Question remains, how to validate this situation when sender is convinced the message was successfully delivered...

I am thinking some simple check for this drastic discrepancy...

Don't know if Activity logs which are unreadable would help and not sure how to use stats if set on receiving channel?
    runmqsc DISPLAY CHSTATUS(xxx) CURRENT ALL can be useful, as shows the number of messages and bytes transmitted on a channel, but it does not show queue names.

Take a look at IBM SupportPac MA0Z. Using the Channel Message Exit feature of MQ, it can log incoming queue names and messages to a file. Refer to http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24022993

HTH, G.