Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-08-06T10:01:31Z by Katherine Sanders
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
224 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic WMC Server resource utilization is very high even when 1 job is running

‏2013-04-02T12:39:04Z |
WMC server is showing 96% resource utilization as well as high grabage utilization for 1 running job. Please let me know how can i bring down the utilization.
Updated on 2013-04-02T13:33:48Z at 2013-04-02T13:33:48Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    224 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WMC Server resource utilization is very high even when 1 job is running

‏2013-04-02T13:33:48Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    The Cast Iron Info Center provides some guidance in the Best Practices for Memory Management topic.

Could you share what the nature of the job is (e.g., getting a large data set from Salesforce, etc.)?
    • YPS1_guybrush_guybrush
      14 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-17T23:53:11Z  in response to SystemAdmin

If you're trying to process large sets of data, it is always advisable to use split function to reduce the load and not to overburden the memory by loading all the data into memory for processing.

• SwethaRai
        SwethaRai
        3 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-25T07:06:50Z  in response to YPS1_guybrush_guybrush

Hi,

I have the same problem, even after using Split activity to upsert only 200 records to SFDC. But the orchestration runs for every 1 min which could be causing the issue. Could you please suggest how I can fine tune the orchestration inorder to reduce the memory usage and improve the performance?

Thanks,

Swetha Rai

• YPS1_guybrush_guybrush
          14 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-02T05:17:38Z  in response to SwethaRai

You've to check on studio if you've the same performance issue? Frequent garbage collection or intensive resource utilization will infer that your orchestration activities have performance issue or perhaps something relate to your design. You've to observe the load from task manager while running on your studio to check if same issue will also be identifiable in your development machine.

• Katherine Sanders
    Katherine Sanders
    11 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-06T10:01:31Z  in response to SystemAdmin

What version of Cast Iron are you using?  There were known memory issues fixed in 6.1.0.12 and later.