• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-04-04T10:29:16Z by SystemAdmin
ZeyadElSherif
ZeyadElSherif
31 Posts

Pinned topic Populate Asset Specifications in Incident

‏2013-04-02T07:53:26Z |
Dear All,

I want to populate the table of the asset specifications when I select the asset from the Incident Application. I have a crossover domain configured to populate other asset fields such as the asset location, description, ...etc in the equivalent field in the incident. How can I do the same but for a Specifications Table?

Also, should I create specifications for the incident itself and link it with the Asset Specifications or should I keep it as linked to the Asset Specifications Table? I would need to extract this information later in reports.

Your support and feedback are highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Zeyad
Updated on 2013-04-04T10:29:16Z at 2013-04-04T10:29:16Z by SystemAdmin
  • maxmix
    maxmix
    83 Posts

Re: Populate Asset Specifications in Incident

‏2013-04-02T10:11:32Z  
    Hi Zeyad,
    first off, this will only work for classifications that are configured to be both eligible for asset and incident/ticket.
    Other than that, the crossover should copy the classstructureid IIRC.
    The spec tables get populated automatically via the correct attribute being set.

If you are looking towards copying a specific asset's spec values over to the tickets, then I am affraid that this is not workable ootb.

So then the question arises, what purpose you seek.
    If you are only interested in visualizing this spec, either via UI or report, I'd not crossover anything but simply join via the assetnum,siteid combo.
    Either for ui visualization via a relationship or in report as a sql join.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

Re: Populate Asset Specifications in Incident

‏2013-04-04T10:29:16Z  
    • maxmix
    • ‏2013-04-02T10:11:32Z
    Hi Zeyad,
    first off, this will only work for classifications that are configured to be both eligible for asset and incident/ticket.
    Other than that, the crossover should copy the classstructureid IIRC.
    The spec tables get populated automatically via the correct attribute being set.

If you are looking towards copying a specific asset's spec values over to the tickets, then I am affraid that this is not workable ootb.

So then the question arises, what purpose you seek.
    If you are only interested in visualizing this spec, either via UI or report, I'd not crossover anything but simply join via the assetnum,siteid combo.
    Either for ui visualization via a relationship or in report as a sql join.
    I would go for a ui visualization via a relationship.