Topic
15 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-04-27T10:10:26Z by magesh_sankar
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6195 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic EGL0751E error during file access from service

‏2013-04-02T04:00:26Z |
HI i am writing a simple file access service and trying to call it from RUI handler , I am getting the below error when test the program in the browser,

:EGL0751E The runtime property vgj.ra.fileName.fileType cannot be found for the infile file. EGL0002I The error occurred in dedicate processing the read_file function

I have done the file declarations in the service also other settings as below,

record inrec type SerialRecord {fileName = "infile"}

3 id char(10);
3 name char(10);
3 address char(10);

end

I have done so far:
• Defined a Resource Association in the build descriptor
• Added Record declaration to match the filetype
• Functions for reading/writing
• genProperties: GLOBAL
• j2ee: No
Associated the rass part in the build descriptor but still it gives the same error.

I have attached the build file for reference.

Also i am not able to test programs from preview pane in workbench , i can able to test only through the browser.

Can anyone help me please
Updated on 2013-04-06T09:21:51Z at 2013-04-06T09:21:51Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6195 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: EGL0751E error during file access from service

‏2013-04-05T10:46:12Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Not sure if you are still facing such problem.
    Are you using a dedicated service with in a RUI project, then invoke the service in the RUi handler?
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      6195 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-05T11:00:17Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      If you are using dedicated service, then try specifying resourceAssociations="Rass_testproj" in the debug build descriptor of the dedicated service, instead of the "testprojJavaScriptBuildOptions".
      Typically, a RUI project should contain three default build descriptor parts,for example: testprojJavaBuildOptions, testprojDebugBuildOptions, testprojJavaScriptBuildOptions

For deployed rui app, you need set target system build descriptor of the dedicated service, then deploy to the target web project.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        6195 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-06T07:48:05Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hi Thank you very much for your reply ,

Yes i am still facing the problem,

I didnot deploy my project yet just trying to debug and test,

The keyword @dedicated service is giving error so i am trying with @WebBinding , i guess it is equivalent to dedicated service ,

My RBD version is 7.5.1.8,

I also tried the file access from REST service it is also giving the same EGL0751E error ,

The service is present in the same RUI project only,

In build descriptor i am using resourceAssociations="Rass_testproj" only i have attached the build file for your reference,

In my RUI project i could see only testprojJavaScriptBuildOptions the other two build descriptor parts testprojJavaBuildOptions, testprojDebugBuildOptions are not displayed.

The targetsystem and debug build descriptors also i mapped with testprojJavaScriptBuildOptions .
        I am trying a non RUI egl program (CICS online with VSAM file ) there also i am getting "EGL0752E The value of the runtime property vgj.ra.fileName.fileType" error,

I have given "LINKAGE" part , "RESOURCE ASSOCIATION" part and also mentioned the correct file type as ibmcobol for debug but nothing works,

Is there anything to check with the settings ? or with Distributed File Manager (DFM) ?

I have updated all the information in the attached document,

I am totally confused :-(

Please help me .
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          6195 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-06T09:21:51Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Please check the attached file
          • markevans
            markevans
            2612 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-15T18:51:09Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Hey,

I am not sure, but after looking at your build descriptor, you are trying to specify the resource association within the Javascript oriented build descriptor.

Accessing a file is not support out of the javascript (i.e. the RUI Handler).  You can only read/write files from something you generate as Java like a service or library.  Therefore, the build descriptor you use for generating the service as Java is what needs to specify a resource association part/build option.

• magesh_sankar
              magesh_sankar
              28 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-16T06:16:29Z  in response to markevans

Hi Markevans,sbhupa,

Thanks for your help , yes it is the build descriptor problem only i have change the system = WIN now i can able access the files ,

But still not working from the workbeck it is working from the browser only, may be some setting options need to be checked,

Thank you very much for your help.

• markevans
                markevans
                2612 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-16T15:33:07Z  in response to magesh_sankar

Good to hear it is working after it is generated/deployed.

Within the workbench when you are using the source, then the "debug" build descriptor that the services use also needs to have the resource association in it.

• magesh_sankar
                  magesh_sankar
                  28 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-17T06:03:00Z  in response to markevans

Dear Makevens,

Thanks for the reply,

Currently i am using the same build descriptor "testjavabuildoption" for both build /debug for the service.

This buildescriptor contains the resource association in it .

Also for the RUI handler "testjavascriptbuildoptions"  for both build /debug ,

In the RUI part , the syntax for dedicated service testdedi dedicate{@Dedicatedservice}  is not working that is the reason why I gave it as testdedi dedicate{@webBinding} .

Do we need to create a seperate 'debug' build descriptor for service?  is there any difference in the parameters for the build and debug, please send me a sample debug build descriptor if possible,

I have attached  the build descriptor details for your reference,

Thanks&Regards

Magesh

Attachments

• jspadea
                    jspadea
                    156 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-18T17:22:39Z  in response to magesh_sankar

The reason @DedicatedService is not working is that this concept was added in version 8. So like you've done in your application, you'll need to use another service access protocol like Web or Rest.

I mocked up a project based on your Service-call-details.docx file and found that it was working for me. Note: I had to make a small coding change to remove an infinite loop in the service: I moved the "if (inrec3 is endOfFile)" section to outside the "onException" block. I was not getting an exception so "infile_eof" was never set to true. I'm on Linux so maybe that's an operating system difference...

Anyway, you say you're on 7.5.1.8 but in your screenshots I see that you have the service defined inside the same project as the RUIHandler. This is not supported unless you're on version 8 or later. The service should be in a separate project (either of type "General" or "Web"). The build descriptor in the service project should then have the resource associations.

Finally, I see in your last screenshot that you're getting a "Problem parsing '-WSDL Document-'" error. This makes me think you're trying to invoke the deployed service instead of debugging the source code of the service. You should have been prompted when making the service call, asking which you want to do - debug the source, or invoke the deployed service. When I select the option to debug the source, it works fine. However, I get the error in your screenshot when I try to invoke the deployed service. In order to be able to invoke the deployed service, you need your @WebBinding to specify the relevant information so that it knows how to access the service (e.g. it needs the WSDL file). If your project containing the service doesn't already have a WSDL file for the service, you should be able to right-click on the service and generate one (I think it might be under a submenu like "EGL Services"). Check the Java source folder for a WSDL first, though - I think generation of the service might already be creating the WSDL file.

Hope this helps!

-Justin

• magesh_sankar
                      magesh_sankar
                      28 Posts
                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

RUI testing working in browser but not in workbench

‏2013-04-20T06:55:14Z  in response to jspadea

Dear Jspadea,

Thank you very much for your help, now i coded the service part (REST) into different General project,

I was also facing the infinite loop problem while reading the file , this was solved after changing the  service property {throwNrfEofExceptions = yes} ,

Do we require WSDL file for REST service also ? i tried without that file its running succesfully in browser but when i try to run in work bench i am getting the below error , (I am trying debug the source only not deployed service .)

An exception has occurred while calling on method: file_access
                      The body of the request was: {"bindingName":"Irestsrv","method":"file_access","params":["sds"]}
                      message:EGL1539E An exception occurred while communicating with the service. URL: EGL0001I The error occurred in EGL Rich UI Proxy.
                      ServiceKind:REST
                      detail1:500
                      detail2:FAILED
                      detail3:no protocol:

May be i still need to do something for it  ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback

Magesh

Updated on 2013-04-23T03:48:46Z at 2013-04-23T03:48:46Z by magesh_sankar
                      • jspadea
                        jspadea
                        156 Posts
                        ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: RUI testing working in browser but not in workbench

‏2013-04-23T20:02:38Z  in response to magesh_sankar

Hi Magesh,

A WSDL file is not required for REST invocations, just SOAP - and I'm pretty sure it's not required if you're debugging the service (only if invoking the generated version of the service).

The error message you pasted unfortunately isn't telling me what went wrong for the REST invocation. If you launch the RUI handler in debug mode you should be able to set breakpoints in the service to see if it's getting to the service before it fails. Also be sure that when you select the service to be run for the rest binding (in the Interface Mapping dialog) that you pick the right one.

-Justin

• magesh_sankar
                          magesh_sankar
                          28 Posts
                          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-24T06:23:14Z  in response to jspadea

Dear Justin,

Thanks for the explanation ,

In the interface mapping dialog i have picked the right one (the interface Irestsrv for the service restsrv

i put the breakpoint in the call statement of the service in the  RUI handler as well a breakpoint inside the service,

It is failing before the call to the service , it is not going inside the service breakpoint,

Same thing running perfectly in browser , only in workbench it is giving problem.

Kindly let me know , if i am missing anything here ,Sorry to bother you

Regards

Magesh

• jspadea
                            jspadea
                            156 Posts
                            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-24T13:16:19Z  in response to magesh_sankar

Just to be clear, are you saying you are selecting Irestsrv (the interface) in the dialog, or restsrv (the service)? You should be selecting the service restsrv.

If you're selecting restsrv (the service) then it might be a bug or setup issue, but we would need you to open a support request to better take a look.

-Justin

• magesh_sankar
                              magesh_sankar
                              28 Posts
                              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-27T10:09:40Z  in response to jspadea

Dear Justin,

Sorry for the delAyed response

While debug from browser i am selecting the service from the interface mapping dialog box not the interface itself,

But this i can do when testing from the browser only from workbench it is failing before that itself ,  interface mapping dialog box itself is not coming , The program fails before the service call itself.

Thanks for your help.

Magesh

• magesh_sankar
                              magesh_sankar
                              28 Posts
                              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-27T10:10:26Z  in response to jspadea

Dear Justin,

Sorry for the delAyed response

While debug from browser i am selecting the service from the interface mapping dialog box not the interface itself,

But this i can do when testing from the browser only from workbench it is failing before that itself ,  interface mapping dialog box itself is not coming , The program fails before the service call itself.

Thanks for your help.

Magesh