Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-04-24T18:41:38Z by vpetrill
ccastr
ccastr
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Does Data Studio 3.2 offer an admin client?

‏2013-04-01T21:29:49Z |
The Data Studio 3.1.1 admin client is a much smaller download than the full client.

Now that Data Studio 3.2 is available, does it offer an admin client as I haven't been able to find one?

I only see the full client when I search for the download.

Thank you,
Carl
Updated on 2013-04-01T22:39:00Z at 2013-04-01T22:39:00Z by vpetrill
  • vpetrill
    vpetrill
    21 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Does Data Studio 3.2 offer an admin client?

‏2013-04-01T22:39:00Z  in response to ccastr
    Carl,

If you use the "Data Studio client and 3rd-party product extensions..." option from the Data Studio download page it will download the Installation Manager and then only the components necessary to install the features you select. If you select only the "Administration" feature you will get the same components that would be installed if we offered an administration client. If you are only using Data Studio for administration, this install option will significantly reduce the size of the product .

Consolidating our install options to the Installation Manager provided many options that were not available to the administration client such as a patch management system, shell sharing, upgrade options and the ability to add/remove features.
    • fractal
      fractal
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-24T17:28:28Z  in response to vpetrill

I had Data Studio 3.2 (64bit) running fine on my laptop and then broke it somehow.  I uninstalled it with IM and now am trying to download the image to re-install.  All the links on http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/im/data/ result in:

Our apologies...

The page you requested cannot be displayed

I couldn't find CIEI4ML on XtremeLeverage either.  Same result as above.  Can you help?

Mark

• vpetrill
        vpetrill
        21 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-24T18:41:38Z  in response to fractal

Sorry for the problems you have experienced.  I tried the download site and it seems to work for me.  It was a little slow.  Maybe there was an outage.   If you haven't uninstalled IM, you could reinstall the product by just pushing the install button in IM.  The download site should still be in the preferences and it would be faster.