4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-04-03T16:55:36Z by zdebug
S0EV_Aamir_Hirani
S0EV_Aamir_Hirani
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Debug Tool Problem

‏2013-04-01T17:14:02Z |
Hi,

I am trying to invoke the Debug Tool and below is what I get to see in the GO:SYSOUT STEP

"CEE2529S A debug tool has terminated the enclave.
The traceback information could not be determined."

Also when I check for Registered Products I see the results attached in 'prodreg.png'.

The IBM Debug Tool is in IFAPROD01 which is concatenated with IFAPROD00 in IEASYSDC.

Also I tried to forcefully start or activate the product using /SET PROD=01 but it did not help.

Any idea to what might be causing the above ?

Aamir.
Updated on 2013-04-03T16:55:36Z at 2013-04-03T16:55:36Z by zdebug
  • S0EV_Aamir_Hirani
    S0EV_Aamir_Hirani
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Debug Tool Problem

‏2013-04-01T17:16:37Z  in response to S0EV_Aamir_Hirani
    The image did not get attached it seems. Plz find it here.
    • zdebug
      zdebug
      30 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-02T00:12:44Z  in response to S0EV_Aamir_Hirani
      Since I'd start with the Debug Tool supplied IVP samples generally, however, since this had to do with Debug Tool Product Registration, I glanced over the Customization Guide to find this:

You must ensure that a Product Registration has been done for Debug Tool. See the "Enable/Register Debug Tool" section of the Program Directory for IBM Debug Tool for z/OS.

Do you happen to have the Program Directory and would you be able to just check what steps are listed in that document?

The <DebugToolHLQ>.SEQASAMP dataset contains some installation verification programs that you could try in your situation, say a sample batch program to see what results you notice.

I hope this gets you started for finding out what is wrong with the registration.
      • S0EV_Aamir_Hirani
        S0EV_Aamir_Hirani
        4 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-03T08:20:14Z  in response to zdebug
        I went through the program directory and performed the steps mentioned for Enabling/Registering Debug Tool. The debug tool description was held in a second file which was concatenated with the first in IEASYSDC. For some reason the debug tool description was not being pulled or getting used by the system until I moved the description from second to the first.

Thanks for your help.

Aamir.
        • zdebug
          zdebug
          30 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-03T16:55:36Z  in response to S0EV_Aamir_Hirani
          Glad you figured it out. Also, based on the description below, you should be working with parmlib IFAPRD* rather than IEASYS*.

6.1.11 Enable/Register Debug Tool
          Ensure that you enable/register Debug Tool before running any applications or any of the Installation
          Verification Programs below. To do this, include an entry for Debug Tool in the IFAPRDxx parmlib
          member as follows:
          PRODUCT OWNER('IBM CORP')
          NAME('IBM DEBUG TOOL')
          ID(5655-W7)
          VERSION() RELEASE() MOD()
          FEATURENAME('IBM-DEBUG')
          STATE(ENABLED)
          Sample registration parmlib entry EQAWIFA, which contains the above statements, is provided in your
          hlq.SEQASAMP data set. Update your IFAPRDxx member with the information shown in EQAWIFA.
          After you have updated IFAPRDxx, issue the SET PROD=xx operator command. Debug Tool will then be
          enabled in your z/OS environment.