Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-04-03T22:21:28Z by SystemAdmin
Steola
Steola
14 Posts

Pinned topic Intermitent: AMQ9503: Channel negotiation failed.

‏2013-04-01T14:41:35Z |
I have 3 connections between 2 MQ Queue Managers on 2 separate boxes, each with sender receiver channels.
I stop each sender channel. When i restart, they will keep retrying with error:
AMQ9503: Channel negotiation failed.

Eventually channels will start after a long while and many, many start requests.
Is there some typical scenario to exhibit this behavior?
thanks.
Updated on 2013-04-03T22:21:28Z at 2013-04-03T22:21:28Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    8523 Posts

Re: Intermitent: AMQ9503: Channel negotiation failed.

‏2013-04-01T22:26:40Z  
    Is there any more detail in the AMQ9503 message? Does DIS CHS(xxxx) CURRENT ALL provide additional information?
  • Steola
    Steola
    14 Posts

‏2013-04-02T18:06:38Z  
    Is there any more detail in the AMQ9503 message? Does DIS CHS(xxxx) CURRENT ALL provide additional information?
    I guess not much then the error message... I did two things: I increased number of channels and connected one of the channels to another listener on a different port... It did help. Could listener on one port have too many connection running?

01/04/13 10:03:50 AM - Process(6644.1) User(mqm) Program(runmqchl_nd)

EXPLANATION:
    Channel 'XXXX' between this machine and the remote machine could not be
    established due to a negotiation failure.
    ACTION:
    Tell the systems administrator, who should attempt to identify the cause of the
    channel failure using problem determination techniques. For example, look for
    FFST files, and examine the error logs on the local and remote systems where
    there may be messages explaining the cause of failure. More information may be
    obtained by repeating the operation with tracing enabled.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    8523 Posts

‏2013-04-03T22:21:28Z  
    • Steola
    • ‏2013-04-02T18:06:38Z
    I guess not much then the error message... I did two things: I increased number of channels and connected one of the channels to another listener on a different port... It did help. Could listener on one port have too many connection running?

01/04/13 10:03:50 AM - Process(6644.1) User(mqm) Program(runmqchl_nd)

EXPLANATION:
    Channel 'XXXX' between this machine and the remote machine could not be
    established due to a negotiation failure.
    ACTION:
    Tell the systems administrator, who should attempt to identify the cause of the
    channel failure using problem determination techniques. For example, look for
    FFST files, and examine the error logs on the local and remote systems where
    there may be messages explaining the cause of failure. More information may be
    obtained by repeating the operation with tracing enabled.
    The ACTION provides good advice.

The role of the MQ listener process (runmqlsr) is to listen for new MQ channel connection requests on its port. After it receives a request, it hands off the session to a Message Channel Agent process (eg. amqrmppa). A listener can have many simultaneous new connection requests (see the BACKLOG attribute) but this is highly unusual.