Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-04-02T15:20:58Z by lisaw
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1485 Posts

Pinned topic I can`t start catalog server,Need your help

‏2013-03-30T01:21:46Z |
Hi,I just install eXtreme Scale in my Linux server.I attempt to run the sample in the gettingstart file.But there is a problem when i attempt to run runcat.sh.I see the error log like follow:
I`m sure that the port 2809 is not used
Plese help me,thanks!

------Start of DE processing------ = 3/30/13 9:04:42:828 CST , key = java.lang.IllegalStateException com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.InitializationService.main 738
Exception = java.lang.IllegalStateException
Source = com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.InitializationService.main
probeid = 738
Stack Dump = java.lang.IllegalStateException: CWOBJ0902W: An error prevented the ObjectGrid runtime component from starting for server: cs0.
at com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.server.ServerFactory.initialize(ServerFactory.java:392)
at com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.server.ServerFactory$2.run(ServerFactory.java:308)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.server.ServerFactory.getInstance(ServerFactory.java:306)
at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.InitializationService.main(InitializationService.java:289)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:525)
at com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.server.ServerFactory.initialize(ServerFactory.java:370)
... 4 more
Caused by: com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.ObjectGridRuntimeException: unable to initialize the ORB using null:2809, check to see if host name is correct and port is not already in use: org.omg.CORBA.INTERNAL: defaultLocalHost:java.net.UnknownHostException: dggtsspes01-lx: dggtsspes01-lx vmcid: IBM minor code: 583 completed: No
at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.server.DefaultDependencyProvider.initORB(DefaultDependencyProvider.java:274)
at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.server.IBMOrbDependencyProvider.initORB(IBMOrbDependencyProvider.java:77)
at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.server.DefaultDependencyProvider.getService(DefaultDependencyProvider.java:102)
at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.server.DependencyProvider.getServiceFromProvider(DependencyProvider.java:107)
at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.ServerImpl.<init>(ServerImpl.java:565)
... 9 more
Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.INTERNAL: defaultLocalHost:java.net.UnknownHostException: dggtsspes01-lx: dggtsspes01-lx vmcid: IBM minor code: 583 completed: No
at com.ibm.rmi.corba.ORB.defaultLocalHost(ORB.java:1990)
at com.ibm.rmi.corba.ORB.defaultBootstrapHost(ORB.java:1967)
at com.ibm.rmi.corba.ORB.parseProperties(ORB.java:2095)
at com.ibm.rmi.corba.ORB.orbParameters(ORB.java:1316)
at com.ibm.rmi.corba.ORB.set_parameters(ORB.java:1264)
at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ORB.set_parameters(ORB.java:1687)
at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(ORB.java:364)
at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.server.DefaultDependencyProvider.initORB(DefaultDependencyProvider.java:269)
... 13 more

Dump of callerThis =
null
Updated on 2013-04-02T15:20:58Z at 2013-04-02T15:20:58Z by lisaw
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1485 Posts

Re: I can`t start catalog server,Need your help

‏2013-04-02T13:27:10Z  
    How are you starting your catalog server exactly? It seems that doesn't find the property 'catalogServiceEndPoints' in the properties file 'catalogServer.props'. This property defines the catalog service hosts and ports.
  • lisaw
    lisaw
    101 Posts

Re: I can`t start catalog server,Need your help

‏2013-04-02T15:20:58Z  
    Looks like it's trying to connect to null:2809, when you probably want it to connect to localhost or your own ip. Go into your env.sh in the same directory and make sure your host is set for CATALOG_SERVICE_ENDPOINTS, otherwise, as @enriquejc said, check the catalogServer.props to see if your host is set there as well.

By the way, what version of eXtreme Scale do you have?

• Lisa

Websphere eXtreme Scale Development