IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections platform will be sunset on December 31, 2019. On January 1, 2020, this forum will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ.
Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2015-04-22T12:17:58Z by Naveed Anjum Sadiq
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
920 Posts

Pinned topic QRadar on Hyper-V platform

‏2013-01-21T08:19:12Z |
Guys, does anybody have an experience with QRadar istallation on Microsoft Hyper-V platrofm?
Are there any issues? Any problems with drivers or something like that?

Thanks in advance!

-------Posted BY Andrey Yankin
  • Naveed Anjum Sadiq
    Naveed Anjum Sadiq
    30 Posts

Re: QRadar on Hyper-V platform

‏2013-07-22T09:29:50Z  

I am searching for the same, will any body share his/her experience of installing QRadar on MS Hyper-V.
    A friend of mine told me that he installed the QRadar on Hyper-V but wasn't able to communicate over network.

• dwight s (IBM)
    dwight s (IBM)
    19 Posts

‏2013-08-08T18:20:12Z  

I am searching for the same, will any body share his/her experience of installing QRadar on MS Hyper-V.
    A friend of mine told me that he installed the QRadar on Hyper-V but wasn't able to communicate over network.

QRadar vm development and testing is all currently on VMware and that is what we officially support.  That said, I do know that some of our team has run it on Oracle's VM systems as well, but that's not a supported platform.

As far as Microsoft's HyperV, I don't have any experience with that, sorry.  As for a networking issue, does the HyperV platform virtualize networking behind some sort of nat/pat address translation, or does it provide a virtual layer2 switch infrastructure, out to the network that the hyperv system itself is connected to?  If it's a translated environment, that might case inbound access issues to the qradar vm's.

dwight

• stches
    stches
    1 Post

‏2013-08-27T10:39:40Z  

Dear all, in a recent PoC we faced a situation where the only way to move forward with the customer within a reasonable timeframe was installing QRadar SIEM on Microsoft HyperV Server 2008 R2. It worked. So we thought we might share the How To's with the community - enjoy, it's free :)

How to install IBM Security QRadar SIEM 7.2 on Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2

• Naveed Anjum Sadiq
    Naveed Anjum Sadiq
    30 Posts

‏2015-04-22T12:17:58Z  
    • stches
    • ‏2013-08-27T10:39:40Z

Dear all, in a recent PoC we faced a situation where the only way to move forward with the customer within a reasonable timeframe was installing QRadar SIEM on Microsoft HyperV Server 2008 R2. It worked. So we thought we might share the How To's with the community - enjoy, it's free :)

How to install IBM Security QRadar SIEM 7.2 on Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2

Can anybody comment on this?

I am a bit confused regarding VFlow. Logic says it should be able to support virtual platform like Hyper-V (as it is deployed at many customer sites globally) but don't know whether IBM QRadar VFlow can be deployed for Hyper-V.

Now assuming that somehow we deployed VFlow in Hyper-V, can it be configured to get the virtual flows from the communication taken place between Hyper-V guests? Is there some technical issue causing the incompatibility?