Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-29T17:10:40Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1632 Posts

Pinned topic import database connections from conifguration assistant

‏2013-03-29T16:42:52Z |
hi, trying to import database connections from conifguration assistant. export from ca - then inport into data studio and get the error below. Any assistant you can provide would be great.

I attached the file that I tried to use to import the connections into Data Studio. I created this file using the Configuration Assistant - Configure – Export Profile – Database Connections option. I them tried to import that into Data Studio and received the following error:
the coonections were not imported. verify location and file type.
Updated on 2013-03-29T17:10:40Z at 2013-03-29T17:10:40Z by SystemAdmin
  • loicjulien
    loicjulien
    96 Posts

Re: import database connections from conifguration assistant

‏2013-03-29T17:08:25Z  
    Hi Thomas,

Connections from the Configuration Assistant are not imported through the Import Wizard in the Data Studio Client (unlike with the Data Studio Web Console where there is a dedicated Import action).

In the Data Studio Client, you need to validate that the preference to automatically import those connections is turned ON. I am attaching below a screencap of the preference (Load DB2 Alias connections on startup.)

In order to read those (automatic on start if the preference is ON), there isn't any file required as we go directly after an API that allows us to retrieve the database connections cataloged by the client.

Let us know if this does not help,
    ~Loic
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1632 Posts

Re: import database connections from conifguration assistant

‏2013-03-29T17:10:40Z  
    Hi Thomas,

Connections from the Configuration Assistant are not imported through the Import Wizard in the Data Studio Client (unlike with the Data Studio Web Console where there is a dedicated Import action).

In the Data Studio Client, you need to validate that the preference to automatically import those connections is turned ON. I am attaching below a screencap of the preference (Load DB2 Alias connections on startup.)

In order to read those (automatic on start if the preference is ON), there isn't any file required as we go directly after an API that allows us to retrieve the database connections cataloged by the client.

Let us know if this does not help,
    ~Loic
    I will try it - thank you, Tom