Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-29T16:05:19Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
3614 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic A DB2 Web Query user received a new IBM i profile, replacing old profile.

‏2013-03-29T15:32:07Z |
I have a DB2 Web Query user that received a new IBM i profile that is to replace the old profile. This user has a folder within one of the main reporting folders containing reports that are not published. I was able to sign into DB2 WQ with the original profile and change the owner of that users sub-folder from the old profile to the new profile, which allowed the user with her new profile to see her folder and the reports being developed within the folder. Within the reporting tree on the left side of the screen however, the users folder and reports now appear in a gray color vs. the yellow folder and blue page for the reports. Is this color change an indication of something I need to be aware of requiring additional changes, or, is this going to cause some issues for this user down the road? Within DB2 WQ the old and new user have the same authorizations and the old user will eventually be removed from DB2 WQ and the IBM i user profile will be deleted.
Updated on 2013-03-29T16:05:19Z at 2013-03-29T16:05:19Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3614 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: A DB2 Web Query user received a new IBM i profile, replacing old profile.

‏2013-03-29T15:36:00Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    The grey, for a folder or reporting object, versus the blue or yellow usually indicates a non-published item. When you changed the ownership of the folder, you may have unpublished it. In any case, as long as the new profile can see the items, you should be good to remove the old profile. If you are a Web Query Admin, you can use the Tools > Manage Private Resources to check the old ID and make sure there is nothing else that is owned by that ID. Otherwise when you do remove it from Web Query it will delete those additional items owned by that old ID.

Robert Andrews
    Managing Consultant
    IBM Systems & Technology Group, Rochester
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3614 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: A DB2 Web Query user received a new IBM i profile, replacing old profile.

‏2013-03-29T16:05:19Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Thanks, that is kind of what I thought but was not sure. I also did find 3 other reports that I changed the owner on.