Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-29T14:31:50Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1250 Posts

Pinned topic Connecting to Oracle CRMOD after upgrade to 6.3

‏2013-03-28T19:02:59Z |
Has anyone had any luck connecting to Oracle CRMOD with version 6.3? I can connect and receive my login cookie just fine with 6.1 but when I try to use that same post request in 6.3 it fails with the message "The send request failed. Exception: No group 6"

If anyone has it working with 6.3 I would like to know what you did to get it working. Thanks.
Updated on 2013-03-29T14:31:50Z at 2013-03-29T14:31:50Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1250 Posts

Re: Connecting to Oracle CRMOD after upgrade to 6.3

‏2013-03-28T20:02:36Z  
    In 6.3, there are several HTTP outbound activities. I think the 6.3 Post Request now uses the POST method with no option to override. I think you need to use the 6.3 Invoke Request activity equivalent functionality to the previous Post Request activity.

When I opened a 6.1 project that used Post Request to login to Oracle CRM On Demand in 6.3.0.1, the activity is an Invoke Request showing the the method is set to GET.

I think all of the other outbound HTTP activities are bound to an HTTP method.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1250 Posts

‏2013-03-29T13:40:54Z  
    In 6.3, there are several HTTP outbound activities. I think the 6.3 Post Request now uses the POST method with no option to override. I think you need to use the 6.3 Invoke Request activity equivalent functionality to the previous Post Request activity.

When I opened a 6.1 project that used Post Request to login to Oracle CRM On Demand in 6.3.0.1, the activity is an Invoke Request showing the the method is set to GET.

I think all of the other outbound HTTP activities are bound to an HTTP method.
    I have tried Invoke and Post on 6.3.0.0, both are erroring out. Have you tested your connections with 6.3? The confusing part is that this all works just fine on 6.1 and they converted like you said to Invoke Request. If it works for you perhaps I just need to upgrade to 6.3.0.1.

Thanks,

e
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1250 Posts

‏2013-03-29T13:55:44Z  
    I have tried Invoke and Post on 6.3.0.0, both are erroring out. Have you tested your connections with 6.3? The confusing part is that this all works just fine on 6.1 and they converted like you said to Invoke Request. If it works for you perhaps I just need to upgrade to 6.3.0.1.

Thanks,

e
    Try 6.3.0.1. I just pulled out an old project (6.0.0.1) and opened it in 6.3.0.1. It ran to a successful completion using Studio Verify.

I heard about issues with 6.3.0.0 and the HTTP Receive Request and configuration properties. Since I frequently use configuration property values for my starting URLs, I did not invest a lot of effort in that release.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1250 Posts

‏2013-03-29T14:27:27Z  
    Try 6.3.0.1. I just pulled out an old project (6.0.0.1) and opened it in 6.3.0.1. It ran to a successful completion using Studio Verify.

I heard about issues with 6.3.0.0 and the HTTP Receive Request and configuration properties. Since I frequently use configuration property values for my starting URLs, I did not invest a lot of effort in that release.
    Just an aside on Oracle CRMOD and methods of establishing a session. Last year, I was working on a project and Oracle suggested using "stateless" sessions. When you use the standalone HTTP request and pass the session id, interactions are stateful and remain until a logout is processed or they expire. Oracle recommended passing credentials in WS-SE headers with the web service operations; internally, Oracle CRMOD will manage assignment of the request to a session and determine when the session can be deleted.

As of 6.1, Studio automatically provides a WS-SE header as an optional parameter for NEW Invoke Service operations. I have not found a way to show the header for old operations and rebuilding an entire input map is not an attractive option. Since the headers are not defined in the Oracle CRMOD WSDLs, they have not been visible in earlier releases.

Another advantage of using the SOAP header is that you can now use a copy-of function to map onto the header and use as a source document a document that combines the WS-SE header and a ClientName element to identify the source of the request.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1250 Posts

‏2013-03-29T14:31:50Z  
    6.3.0.1 works for standard http login. Thanks. I'll try using soap without a login too.