• 10 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-20T17:15:34Z by rsanchezh
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
590 Posts

Pinned topic Problem with the new WAS Dev Tools (9.0.0 Beta) and Maven Plugin

‏2013-03-28T09:25:39Z |
Hi..

I have installed the new WebSphere® Application Server V8.0 Tools (9.0.0.v20130309_0630)
on a fresh Eclipse (Version: Juno Service Release 2 Build id: 20130225-0426).

After that i have installed the m2e - Maven Integration for Eclipse (1.3.1.20130219-1424) Plugin.
Now i get a Exception if i try to call "Maven -> Update Project" on a Project.
Stacktrace is:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2013-03-28 10:26:37.548
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Updating Maven Project".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.eclipse.m2e.wtp.WTPProjectsUtil
at com.ibm.etools.maven.javaee.core.configurators.Utils.isJPAProject(Utils.java:43)
at com.ibm.etools.maven.javaee.core.configurators.JPAProjectConfiguratorDelegate.configureProject(JPAProjectConfiguratorDelegate.java:46)
at com.ibm.etools.maven.javaee.core.configurators.JPAProjectConfigurator.configure(JPAProjectConfigurator.java:45)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.project.configurator.AbstractLifecycleMapping.configure(AbstractLifecycleMapping.java:109)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.ProjectConfigurationManager.updateProjectConfiguration(ProjectConfigurationManager.java:413)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.ProjectConfigurationManager.updateProjectConfiguration(ProjectConfigurationManager.java:350)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.ui.internal.UpdateMavenProjectJob.runInWorkspace(UpdateMavenProjectJob.java:74)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.m2e.wtp.WTPProjectsUtil
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:501)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:421)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:412)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:627)
... 9 more

Is this a known Bug or is there a workaround ?

Please Help ...

Greets
claus
  • Jacek_Laskowski
    Jacek_Laskowski
    133 Posts

Re: Problem with the new WAS Dev Tools (9.0.0 Beta) and Maven Plugin

‏2013-03-28T19:43:08Z  
    Hi,

Thanks for bringing this up as I was going to install the plugin long ago to learn the Maven Tools Support in WDT.

I can confirm the exception occurs, but I faced it when I installed the plugin from Eclipse Marketplace and created a maven project with the wizard - New > Project > Maven Project. Right after I confirm to create the project, the popup window showed up with the exception.

I work with the latest March beta refresh.

The following stack trace was in the Error Log view.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/m2e/wtp/WTPProjectsUtil at com.ibm.etools.maven.javaee.core.configurators.Utils.isJPAProject(Utils.java:43) at com.ibm.etools.maven.javaee.core.configurators.JPAProjectConfiguratorDelegate.configureProject(JPAProjectConfiguratorDelegate.java:46) at com.ibm.etools.maven.javaee.core.configurators.JPAProjectConfigurator.configure(JPAProjectConfigurator.java:45) at org.eclipse.m2e.core.project.configurator.AbstractLifecycleMapping.configure(AbstractLifecycleMapping.java:109) at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.ProjectConfigurationManager.updateProjectConfiguration(ProjectConfigurationManager.java:413) at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.ProjectConfigurationManager.configureNewMavenProject(ProjectConfigurationManager.java:238) at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.ProjectConfigurationManager.enableMavenNature(ProjectConfigurationManager.java:431) at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.ProjectConfigurationManager.createSimpleProject(ProjectConfigurationManager.java:600) at org.eclipse.m2e.core.ui.internal.wizards.MavenProjectWizard$4.doCreateMavenProjects(MavenProjectWizard.java:225) at org.eclipse.m2e.core.ui.internal.wizards.AbstactCreateMavenProjectJob$1.doCreateMavenProjects(AbstactCreateMavenProjectJob.java:46) at org.eclipse.m2e.core.ui.internal.wizards.AbstractCreateMavenProjectsOperation.run(AbstractCreateMavenProjectsOperation.java:74) at org.eclipse.m2e.core.ui.internal.wizards.AbstactCreateMavenProjectJob.runInWorkspace(AbstactCreateMavenProjectJob.java:50) at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38) at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53) Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.m2e.wtp.WTPProjectsUtil at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:501) at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:421) at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:412) at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:356) ... 14 more

eclipse.buildId=M20130204-1200 java.version=1.7.0_17 java.vendor=Oracle Corporation BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -keyring /Users/jacek/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation Command-line arguments:  -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -keyring /Users/jacek/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Jacek
    Japila :: verba docent, exempla trahunt
  • Jacek_Laskowski
    Jacek_Laskowski
    133 Posts

‏2013-03-28T19:54:56Z  
    Hi,

It's not uncommon when I respond and then think hard(er). It was with the question when I posted my response and then figured out that I was once told about the other maven-related project in Eclipse - Maven Integration for Eclipse WTP (Incubation) when Maven Tools Support in WDT was discussed.

Once Maven Integration for Eclipse WTP (Incubation) 0.17.0 was installed, no errors pop up.

Jacek
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    590 Posts

‏2013-03-29T06:28:39Z  
    Hi,

It's not uncommon when I respond and then think hard(er). It was with the question when I posted my response and then figured out that I was once told about the other maven-related project in Eclipse - Maven Integration for Eclipse WTP (Incubation) when Maven Tools Support in WDT was discussed.

Once Maven Integration for Eclipse WTP (Incubation) 0.17.0 was installed, no errors pop up.

Jacek
    Hi Jacek !!

Thank you very much for the tip. After installing the other m2e plugin everything works fine !

Good to know that the incubator should be used :-)

greets
    claus
  • Jacek_Laskowski
    Jacek_Laskowski
    133 Posts

‏2013-03-29T15:32:18Z  
    Hi Jacek !!

Thank you very much for the tip. After installing the other m2e plugin everything works fine !

Good to know that the incubator should be used :-)

greets
    claus
    Hi,

I'm very glad you found my answer helpful. That was a lesson I learnt as well. Thanks for your question that encouraged me to find the solution (as I was going to do it way too long ago).

BTW, Are you perhaps using the Liberty Profile maven plugin as well - https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/wasdev/entry/maven? I wonder how useful it's been so far for you.

Jacek
  • Pratap Rathore
    Pratap Rathore
    1 Post

‏2013-06-18T19:22:32Z  

Hi

I am facing the same issue with Websphere Developer Tools version 8.5.5 on Eclipse Juno SR2, I am not using Liberty profile. I have added the m2e-wtp plugin as well but still it is not able to find the WTP related files.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2013-06-18 11:57:33.370
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/m2e/wtp/WTPProjectsUtil
        at com.ibm.etools.maven.javaee.core.configurators.Utils.isJPAProject(Utils.java:43)
        at com.ibm.etools.maven.javaee.core.configurators.JPAProjectConfiguratorDelegate.configureProject(JPAProjectConfiguratorDelegate.java:49)
        at com.ibm.etools.maven.javaee.core.configurators.JPAProjectConfigurator.configure(JPAProjectConfigurator.java:45)
        at org.eclipse.m2e.core.project.configurator.AbstractLifecycleMapping.configure(AbstractLifecycleMapping.java:109)
        at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.ProjectConfigurationManager.updateProjectConfiguration(ProjectConfigurationManager.java:414)
        at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.ProjectConfigurationManager.updateProjectConfiguration(ProjectConfigurationManager.java:351)
        at org.eclipse.m2e.core.ui.internal.UpdateMavenProjectJob.runInWorkspace(UpdateMavenProjectJob.java:74)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.m2e.wtp.WTPProjectsUtil
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:501)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:421)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:412)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        ... 9 more

If I remove the Websphere tools plugin everything works fine. Is there bug with the WAS developer tools plugin and where can i get the new beta version.

Thanks

Pratap.

• mresetar
    mresetar
    2 Posts

‏2013-06-19T08:56:21Z  

Hi

I am facing the same issue with Websphere Developer Tools version 8.5.5 on Eclipse Juno SR2, I am not using Liberty profile. I have added the m2e-wtp plugin as well but still it is not able to find the WTP related files.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2013-06-18 11:57:33.370
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/m2e/wtp/WTPProjectsUtil
        at com.ibm.etools.maven.javaee.core.configurators.JPAProjectConfiguratorDelegate.configureProject(JPAProjectConfiguratorDelegate.java:49)
        at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.ProjectConfigurationManager.updateProjectConfiguration(ProjectConfigurationManager.java:414)
        at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.ProjectConfigurationManager.updateProjectConfiguration(ProjectConfigurationManager.java:351)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        ... 9 more

If I remove the Websphere tools plugin everything works fine. Is there bug with the WAS developer tools plugin and where can i get the new beta version.

Thanks

Pratap.

I have the exact same problem. After adding WDT 8.5.5 in Eclipse Juno 4.2.2 Maven projects won't update (fix) themself. I had to remove all WDT stuff (not just WS tools but WDT web stuff also) and then everything is back to normal. Also I did install m2e-wtp plugin from EM but it didn't help. Please fix this so we can start using WDT with maven. 

• Chuck_Bridgham
    Chuck_Bridgham
    3 Posts

‏2013-06-19T15:28:07Z  
    • mresetar
    • ‏2013-06-19T08:56:21Z

I have the exact same problem. After adding WDT 8.5.5 in Eclipse Juno 4.2.2 Maven projects won't update (fix) themself. I had to remove all WDT stuff (not just WS tools but WDT web stuff also) and then everything is back to normal. Also I did install m2e-wtp plugin from EM but it didn't help. Please fix this so we can start using WDT with maven. 

Hi,

The version of m2e required by WDT 8.5.5 is not fully released(Kepler is 9 days away), but is available if you install using the WDT update site..

Use these instructions to install the right m2e and m2e-wtp.. Thanks!

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/radhelp/v9/topic/com.ibm.rad.install.doc/topics/t_intsall_wdt_m2e.html

- Chuck

• rsanchezh
    rsanchezh
    26 Posts

‏2013-06-19T15:43:54Z  
    • mresetar
    • ‏2013-06-19T08:56:21Z

Hi,

Which version of m2e and m2e-wtp do you have installed?

• mresetar
    mresetar
    2 Posts

‏2013-06-20T07:48:04Z  
    • rsanchezh
    • ‏2013-06-19T15:43:54Z

Hi,

Which version of m2e and m2e-wtp do you have installed?

Hi, 

I have 

m2e - Maven Integration for Eclipse 1.3.1.20130219-1424 org.eclipse.m2e.feature.feature.group Eclipse.org - m2e

m2e-wtp - Maven Integration for WTP (Incubation) 0.17.0.20130212-1821 org.eclipse.m2e.wtp.feature.feature.group Eclipse.org - m2e-wtp

Now If I try to install Maven Tools as described here:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/radhelp/v9/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rad.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_intsall_wdt_m2e.html

I get:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
      Software being installed: Maven Tools Support 1.0.100.v20130528_1930 (com.ibm.wdt.maven.feature.feature.group 1.0.100.v20130528_1930)
      Missing requirement: Maven Tools Support 1.0.100.v20130528_1930 (com.ibm.wdt.maven.feature.feature.group 1.0.100.v20130528_1930) requires 'org.eclipse.m2e.feature.feature.group 1.4.0' but it could not be found

So obviously I need to have new m2e. But I did try to install just maven tools support from WDT without having WDT installed.

So what should be right procedure? To wait for eclipse 4.3 and try then? 

• rsanchezh
    rsanchezh
    26 Posts

‏2013-06-20T17:15:34Z  
    • mresetar
    • ‏2013-06-20T07:48:04Z

Hi, 

I have 

m2e - Maven Integration for Eclipse 1.3.1.20130219-1424 org.eclipse.m2e.feature.feature.group Eclipse.org - m2e

m2e-wtp - Maven Integration for WTP (Incubation) 0.17.0.20130212-1821 org.eclipse.m2e.wtp.feature.feature.group Eclipse.org - m2e-wtp

Now If I try to install Maven Tools as described here:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/radhelp/v9/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rad.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_intsall_wdt_m2e.html

I get:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
      Software being installed: Maven Tools Support 1.0.100.v20130528_1930 (com.ibm.wdt.maven.feature.feature.group 1.0.100.v20130528_1930)
      Missing requirement: Maven Tools Support 1.0.100.v20130528_1930 (com.ibm.wdt.maven.feature.feature.group 1.0.100.v20130528_1930) requires 'org.eclipse.m2e.feature.feature.group 1.4.0' but it could not be found

So obviously I need to have new m2e. But I did try to install just maven tools support from WDT without having WDT installed.

So what should be right procedure? To wait for eclipse 4.3 and try then? 

You do not need to wait.  Here are some options:

1. In your original setup, where you have installed only m2e, and if you do not want to install m2e-wtp, you can do the following to get rid of the error:
    - Once you have installed WDT, close eclipse and go to the folder eclipse\plugins\com.ibm.etools.maven.javaee.core_1.1.0.v20130522_1924
    - Remove or rename the file lifecycle-mapping-metadata.xml
    - Start eclipse.

2. If you have only m2e 1.3.1 installed, and can update to 1.4, and want to install m2e-wtp, follow the steps in http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/radhelp/v9/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rad.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_intsall_wdt_m2e.html, but
    - In step 9, instead of selecting the mentioned update site, add and select the following site: http://download.eclipse.org/m2e-wtp/milestones/kepler/1.0.0
    - After selecting this update site, select m2e - Maven integration for Eclipse and Maven tools support. Note that m2e will be updated to version 1.4
    - Continue with the rest of steps

3. If you have m2e 1.3.1.and m2e-wtp 0.17.0 installed, and can update to 1.4 and 1.0, follow the steps in http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/radhelp/v9/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rad.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_intsall_wdt_m2e.html, but
    - In step 9, instead of selecting the mentioned update site, add and select the following site: http://download.eclipse.org/m2e-wtp/milestones/kepler/1.0.0
    - After selecting this update site, select m2e - Maven integration for Eclipse, m2e-wtp - Maven integration for wtp and Maven tools support. Note that m2e will be updated to version 1.4 and m2e-wtp will be updated to version 1.0
    - Continue with the rest of steps