10 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-06-20T17:15:34Z by rsanchezh
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
590 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Problem with the new WAS Dev Tools (9.0.0 Beta) and Maven Plugin

‏2013-03-28T09:25:39Z |
Hi..

I have installed the new WebSphere® Application Server V8.0 Tools (9.0.0.v20130309_0630)
on a fresh Eclipse (Version: Juno Service Release 2 Build id: 20130225-0426).

After that i have installed the m2e - Maven Integration for Eclipse (1.3.1.20130219-1424) Plugin.
Now i get a Exception if i try to call "Maven -> Update Project" on a Project.
Stacktrace is:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2013-03-28 10:26:37.548
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Updating Maven Project".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.eclipse.m2e.wtp.WTPProjectsUtil
at com.ibm.etools.maven.javaee.core.configurators.Utils.isJPAProject(Utils.java:43)
at com.ibm.etools.maven.javaee.core.configurators.JPAProjectConfiguratorDelegate.configureProject(JPAProjectConfiguratorDelegate.java:46)
at com.ibm.etools.maven.javaee.core.configurators.JPAProjectConfigurator.configure(JPAProjectConfigurator.java:45)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.project.configurator.AbstractLifecycleMapping.configure(AbstractLifecycleMapping.java:109)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.ProjectConfigurationManager.updateProjectConfiguration(ProjectConfigurationManager.java:413)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.ProjectConfigurationManager.updateProjectConfiguration(ProjectConfigurationManager.java:350)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.ui.internal.UpdateMavenProjectJob.runInWorkspace(UpdateMavenProjectJob.java:74)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.m2e.wtp.WTPProjectsUtil
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:501)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:421)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:412)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:627)
... 9 more

Is this a known Bug or is there a workaround ?

Please Help ...

Greets
claus
  • Jacek_Laskowski
    Jacek_Laskowski
    133 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Problem with the new WAS Dev Tools (9.0.0 Beta) and Maven Plugin

‏2013-03-28T19:43:08Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,

Thanks for bringing this up as I was going to install the plugin long ago to learn the Maven Tools Support in WDT.

I can confirm the exception occurs, but I faced it when I installed the plugin from Eclipse Marketplace and created a maven project with the wizard - New > Project > Maven Project. Right after I confirm to create the project, the popup window showed up with the exception.

I work with the latest March beta refresh.

The following stack trace was in the Error Log view.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/m2e/wtp/WTPProjectsUtil at com.ibm.etools.maven.javaee.core.configurators.Utils.isJPAProject(Utils.java:43) at com.ibm.etools.maven.javaee.core.configurators.JPAProjectConfiguratorDelegate.configureProject(JPAProjectConfiguratorDelegate.java:46) at com.ibm.etools.maven.javaee.core.configurators.JPAProjectConfigurator.configure(JPAProjectConfigurator.java:45) at org.eclipse.m2e.core.project.configurator.AbstractLifecycleMapping.configure(AbstractLifecycleMapping.java:109) at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.ProjectConfigurationManager.updateProjectConfiguration(ProjectConfigurationManager.java:413) at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.ProjectConfigurationManager.configureNewMavenProject(ProjectConfigurationManager.java:238) at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.ProjectConfigurationManager.enableMavenNature(ProjectConfigurationManager.java:431) at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.ProjectConfigurationManager.createSimpleProject(ProjectConfigurationManager.java:600) at org.eclipse.m2e.core.ui.internal.wizards.MavenProjectWizard$4.doCreateMavenProjects(MavenProjectWizard.java:225) at org.eclipse.m2e.core.ui.internal.wizards.AbstactCreateMavenProjectJob$1.doCreateMavenProjects(AbstactCreateMavenProjectJob.java:46) at org.eclipse.m2e.core.ui.internal.wizards.AbstractCreateMavenProjectsOperation.run(AbstractCreateMavenProjectsOperation.java:74) at org.eclipse.m2e.core.ui.internal.wizards.AbstactCreateMavenProjectJob.runInWorkspace(AbstactCreateMavenProjectJob.java:50) at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38) at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53) Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.m2e.wtp.WTPProjectsUtil at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:501) at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:421) at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:412) at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:356) ... 14 more

eclipse.buildId=M20130204-1200 java.version=1.7.0_17 java.vendor=Oracle Corporation BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -keyring /Users/jacek/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation Command-line arguments:  -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -keyring /Users/jacek/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Jacek
    Japila :: verba docent, exempla trahunt
  • Jacek_Laskowski
    Jacek_Laskowski
    133 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-28T19:54:56Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,

It's not uncommon when I respond and then think hard(er). It was with the question when I posted my response and then figured out that I was once told about the other maven-related project in Eclipse - Maven Integration for Eclipse WTP (Incubation) when Maven Tools Support in WDT was discussed.

Once Maven Integration for Eclipse WTP (Incubation) 0.17.0 was installed, no errors pop up.

Jacek
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      590 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-29T06:28:39Z  in response to Jacek_Laskowski
      Hi Jacek !!

Thank you very much for the tip. After installing the other m2e plugin everything works fine !

Good to know that the incubator should be used :-)

greets
      claus
      • Jacek_Laskowski
        Jacek_Laskowski
        133 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-29T15:32:18Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hi,

I'm very glad you found my answer helpful. That was a lesson I learnt as well. Thanks for your question that encouraged me to find the solution (as I was going to do it way too long ago).

BTW, Are you perhaps using the Liberty Profile maven plugin as well - https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/wasdev/entry/maven? I wonder how useful it's been so far for you.

Jacek
  • Pratap Rathore
    Pratap Rathore
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-18T19:22:32Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Hi

I am facing the same issue with Websphere Developer Tools version 8.5.5 on Eclipse Juno SR2, I am not using Liberty profile. I have added the m2e-wtp plugin as well but still it is not able to find the WTP related files.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2013-06-18 11:57:33.370
    !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Updating Maven Project".
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/m2e/wtp/WTPProjectsUtil
        at com.ibm.etools.maven.javaee.core.configurators.Utils.isJPAProject(Utils.java:43)
        at com.ibm.etools.maven.javaee.core.configurators.JPAProjectConfiguratorDelegate.configureProject(JPAProjectConfiguratorDelegate.java:49)
        at com.ibm.etools.maven.javaee.core.configurators.JPAProjectConfigurator.configure(JPAProjectConfigurator.java:45)
        at org.eclipse.m2e.core.project.configurator.AbstractLifecycleMapping.configure(AbstractLifecycleMapping.java:109)
        at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.ProjectConfigurationManager.updateProjectConfiguration(ProjectConfigurationManager.java:414)
        at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.ProjectConfigurationManager.updateProjectConfiguration(ProjectConfigurationManager.java:351)
        at org.eclipse.m2e.core.ui.internal.UpdateMavenProjectJob.runInWorkspace(UpdateMavenProjectJob.java:74)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.m2e.wtp.WTPProjectsUtil
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:501)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:421)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:412)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        ... 9 more

If I remove the Websphere tools plugin everything works fine. Is there bug with the WAS developer tools plugin and where can i get the new beta version.

Thanks

Pratap.

• mresetar
      mresetar
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-19T08:56:21Z  in response to Pratap Rathore

I have the exact same problem. After adding WDT 8.5.5 in Eclipse Juno 4.2.2 Maven projects won't update (fix) themself. I had to remove all WDT stuff (not just WS tools but WDT web stuff also) and then everything is back to normal. Also I did install m2e-wtp plugin from EM but it didn't help. Please fix this so we can start using WDT with maven. 

• Chuck_Bridgham
        Chuck_Bridgham
        3 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-19T15:28:07Z  in response to mresetar

Hi,

The version of m2e required by WDT 8.5.5 is not fully released(Kepler is 9 days away), but is available if you install using the WDT update site..

Use these instructions to install the right m2e and m2e-wtp.. Thanks!

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/radhelp/v9/topic/com.ibm.rad.install.doc/topics/t_intsall_wdt_m2e.html

- Chuck

• rsanchezh
        rsanchezh
        26 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-19T15:43:54Z  in response to mresetar

Hi,

Which version of m2e and m2e-wtp do you have installed?

• mresetar
          mresetar
          2 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-20T07:48:04Z  in response to rsanchezh

Hi, 

I have 

m2e - Maven Integration for Eclipse 1.3.1.20130219-1424 org.eclipse.m2e.feature.feature.group Eclipse.org - m2e

m2e-wtp - Maven Integration for WTP (Incubation) 0.17.0.20130212-1821 org.eclipse.m2e.wtp.feature.feature.group Eclipse.org - m2e-wtp

Now If I try to install Maven Tools as described here:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/radhelp/v9/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rad.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_intsall_wdt_m2e.html

I get:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
            Software being installed: Maven Tools Support 1.0.100.v20130528_1930 (com.ibm.wdt.maven.feature.feature.group 1.0.100.v20130528_1930)
            Missing requirement: Maven Tools Support 1.0.100.v20130528_1930 (com.ibm.wdt.maven.feature.feature.group 1.0.100.v20130528_1930) requires 'org.eclipse.m2e.feature.feature.group 1.4.0' but it could not be found

So obviously I need to have new m2e. But I did try to install just maven tools support from WDT without having WDT installed.

So what should be right procedure? To wait for eclipse 4.3 and try then?