Im trying to debug my rui app. I set a breakpoint, right click my rui program and select Debug as EGL Rich UI app. It opens an explorer window, but just sits there like its trying to load but nothing happens. I've waited several minutes then closed the window manually.
Anyone else have these issues and know how to get around them?
windows 7 64bit
NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
This topic has been locked.
1 reply Latest Post - 2013-03-27T22:14:33Z by dan_darnell
Pinned topic debug issue
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2013-03-27T22:14:33Z at 2013-03-27T22:14:33Z by dan_darnell
dan_darnell 27000038BE973 PostsACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: debug issue2013-03-27T22:14:33Z in response to nick_tnQuestions:
1. Was debug been working before but now it doesn't?
2. Can you debug another RUI app?
3. Have you tried associating a different browser with the IDE (to see if it is a browser-specific issue)?
4. Try setting a breakpoint at the earliest possible execution point. Does it get there? If so, step it through to find out where it hangs.
5. Along the lines of #4 ... if you are calling any IBM i programs (directly or as stored procedure calls) anywhere along the way don't forget to check the system operator message queue when the hang occurs. I can't tell you how many times I've discovered a message waiting on the IBM i side that is hanging the RUI side.
p.s. My money is on #5!