Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
7 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-09-11T15:12:23Z by bengass
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1192 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Problem with geronimo-web.xml, adding LDAP-Realm, in HATS 8.5 with Geronimo

‏2013-03-27T19:54:23Z |
Hello:

We are trying to build a HATS project to run on a Geronimo Server. For the most part it will work, until I try to add an LDAP-Realm to the geronimo-web.xml file.

After I add the realm, and I look at the source of geronimo-web.xml file, I will see a syntax error on “dep:gbean”, and when I hover my mouse over it it reads:
cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element 'dep:gbean'. One of '{"http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2":service, http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/ persistence":persistence}' is expected.

And as a result the project will not deploy. I have opened a ticket with IBM, but they have requested I also post to the forum. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is a little bit of information about my environment:

Workstation: Windows XP Service Pack 3
• RAD: 8.5.1 Fixpack 1
• HATS: 8.5.0.2
• Eclipse plugin for Geronimo (GEP)
• Geronimo Server v2.2

Steps to reproduce:
• Create a very standard HATS Project
• Add a Geronimo 2.2 Server
• Deploy project and it works. No problems so far…..
• Then Add a Security role and a security constraint to WEB-INF/web.xml
• Start adding the details of the ldap-realm to WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml, this is when the problems start.

Thanks....
Updated on 2013-03-27T20:05:13Z at 2013-03-27T20:05:13Z by tmparker
  • tmparker
    tmparker
    518 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Problem with geronimo-web.xml, adding LDAP-Realm, in HATS 8.5 with Geronimo

‏2013-03-27T20:05:13Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Have you looked at either of these pages to see if they would help:
    https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/ldap-realm.html
    https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/deployment-plans.html

Thanks
    Tim
  • Pathogen67
    Pathogen67
    27 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-16T03:34:50Z  in response to SystemAdmin

HI Sbhupa,

I'm curious, when you wrote:

Create a very standard HATS Project
    • Add a Geronimo 2.2 Server
    • Deploy project and it works. No problems so far…..

Is that correct? Your project just worked right out of the box on Geronimo? No changes at all? And did you use Axis for web services?

Thanks!

• bengass
    bengass
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-09-10T15:16:13Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Were you able to find out more information about what this error means?  Thanks.

• tmparker
      tmparker
      518 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-09-10T18:21:25Z  in response to bengass

This is a pretty old thread.  What specific error are you getting?  What version of HATS and Geronimo are you running with?

Thanks
      Tim

• bengass
        bengass
        3 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-09-10T20:27:05Z  in response to tmparker

I'm running a custom application on geronimo 3.0.1.  This is one of the few threads anywhere that are addressing the error I see when I try to add a GBean to my geronimo-web.xml with Eclipse, so I thought I'd see if the OP found out what it meant. 

• tmparker
          tmparker
          518 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-09-11T02:39:50Z  in response to bengass

Hi,

I went back and looked through the emails I had with the customer above and we did manage to get around this problem.

I had come across this page in the Geronimo documentation, http://geronimo.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/development-issues.html#Developmentissues-Coexistenceof%3Csec%3Asecurity%3Eand%3Cdep%3Agbean%3EresultsinerrorinapplicationdeploymentplanonEclipse3.5

Notice this sections in the doc:

Troubleshooting Java EE asset deployment
          Coexistence of <sec:security> and <dep:gbean> results in error in application deployment plan on Eclipse 3.5
          If you use both <sec:security> and <dep:gbean> elements in this deployment plan geronimo-application.xml for your EAR, Eclipse 3.5 reports an error. This is because the XML editor in Eclipse 3.5 cannot recognize multiple aliases in the naming space. However, this application can be deployed on the server successfully even though Eclipse 3.5 reports an error in the plan. See Eclipse bug for more information about this problem.
          To prevent Eclipse from reporting this type of errors, follow these steps:
          1.    Click Window->Preferences.
          2.    Expand XML and then XML Files.
          3.    Select Validation. Deselect Honour all XML schema locations.
          4.    Click Apply.
          5.    Close the deployment plan and reopen it. Eclipse won't report this type of errors again.

Is this the same problem you are experiencing?

Thanks
          Tim

• bengass
            bengass
            3 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-09-11T15:12:23Z  in response to tmparker

Fantastic!  Thank you!