Topic
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-07-10T11:45:53Z by JohnArwe
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
91 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Displaying event data from OMNIbus in Jazz for Service Management UI

‏2013-03-27T19:30:21Z |
Has anyone been successfull with displaying data in Jazz for Service Management UI from Netcool/OMNIbus? (for example by using table widget).

It seems Jazz for SM UI expects the HTTP REST interface and it's performing HTTP GET request to /ibm/tivoli/rest/providers on the hostname/port given when adding new connections in Jazz.
Unfortunately HTTP interface for Omnibus does not seem to be designed the same way as it does not return anything on that path and returns HTTP 404. So far it's not possible to add new connection in Jazz UI for OMNIbus.

I have HTTP interface enabled in Object Server, OMNIbus OSLC provider has successfully registered in the registry and I can successfully query data from objectserver using the /objectserver/restapi/<database>/<table> interface.
  • PHK7_Chris_Appleton
    PHK7_Chris_Appleton
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Displaying event data from OMNIbus in Jazz for Service Management UI

‏2013-04-16T10:07:31Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Sorry for the delay in replying, but the forum has been in read-only mode since early April.

Based on my investigations the root of your problem is that the DASH CURI is not OSLC. The second problem is that the OMNIbus URI being used is not an OSLC URI. OMNIbus provides two HTTP based interfaces, one is an OSLC provider, the second is a basic HTTP interface. It is not referred to as a RESTful interface as it does not satisfy all of the requirements to be classified as such. The URI being used is the HTTP interface and not the OSLC one. As The ObjectServer is not a CURI provider it does not support any of the URI's required by such a provider, hence the HTTP 404 response that you are getting.

Based on my discussions with the Web GUI team, the display of event data via DASH(CURI) is not currently possible as it was out-of-scope for the GA release, but will be addressed in fix pack 1 of Web GUI 7.4.0. This is scheduled to be released in May 2013.

• 8NYR_Serge_Rajaona
      8NYR_Serge_Rajaona
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-25T08:25:36Z  in response to PHK7_Chris_Appleton

Someting is not so clear for me: you mean that the event data have to be provided to Jazz for SM by the OMNIbus webgui 7.4.0 fixpack 1? (I thought Jazz would connect directly to the Object Server)

Is is the same way for collecting event datas in TCR3.1 which is presently connected to thereporter Oracle database of my OMNIbus platform? 

• PHK7_Chris_Appleton
        PHK7_Chris_Appleton
        3 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-29T08:53:21Z  in response to 8NYR_Serge_Rajaona

No, event data does not need to be provided to JazzSM. It is a problem of interface. The display of event data in DASH requires a CURI interface capability. OSLC is not CURI, they are similar, but they are different. OMNIbus Web GUI FP1 will provide a CURI interface to OMNIbus data.

JazzSM also contains a registry, OMNIbus can be configured to register itself as an OSLC provider with the provider registry. This is how other OSLC components can find the location of the OMNIbus OSLC provider and directly query that interface for event data.