Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-03-28T14:26:36Z by HermannSW
HisNibs
HisNibs
84 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic dp:transform capture error

‏2013-03-27T11:26:36Z |
I have a transform in a MPG which applies a transform to the message using the extension call dp:transform.

As part of the testing we have deliberately included errors in the called XSL file to see how DP handles the error. It appears the dp:transform function simply fails and does not provide any output when an error is detected. Is this correct? or should there be someway of trapping an error from this call?

If the answer is no to the above what should we be doing? Could we do a dp:url-open on the XSL file and then parse it somehow to make sure it is valid? If so how should we implement that parsing?
Updated on 2013-03-28T14:26:36Z at 2013-03-28T14:26:36Z by HermannSW
  • HermannSW
    HermannSW
    4238 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: dp:transform capture error

‏2013-03-28T14:26:36Z  in response to HisNibs
    > I have a transform in a MPG which applies a transform to the message using the extension call dp:transform.
    >
    OK.

> As part of the testing we have deliberately included errors in the called XSL file to see how DP handles the error.
    >
    Why that?

> It appears the dp:transform function simply fails and does not provide any output when an error is detected. Is this correct? or should there be someway of trapping an error from this call?
    >
    I would think this is correct.
    You can debug errors in a stylesheet with any tool you like (DataPower, xsltproc, xalan, saxon, ...).

> If the answer is no to the above what should we be doing?
    >
    Your stylesheets are stored on the box and should not change, right?
    Make sure they are correct as said above and only store tested, correct stylesheets.

> Could we do a dp:url-open on the XSL file and then parse it somehow to make sure it is valid? If so how should we implement that parsing?
    >
    You can send any file through eg. a loopback XML FW service with XML request type and just match and results action.

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/> <myCE/>