Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-04-03T14:18:17Z by markevans
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6195 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Pass parameter to vagen gui

‏2013-03-27T08:20:03Z |
Hi,

Is there any possible way to pass parameter to vagen gui with c# dll ?
Updated on 2013-04-03T14:18:17Z at 2013-04-03T14:18:17Z by markevans
  • markevans
    markevans
    2781 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Pass parameter to vagen gui

‏2013-03-28T16:20:10Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I am not aware of a way to pass data into a GUI. One factor you should share with the community is whether you are using a Smalltalk GUI or Java GUI. It might make a difference.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      6195 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-01T12:31:51Z  in response to markevans
      Hi Mark,

Thanks for replying. I'm trying to pass RC code back(which comes from Smalltalk GUI) to Smalltalk GUI. I saw couple examples about c++ to Smalltalk GUI. But couldn't find a solution for c# to Smalltalk GUI.

Kind Regards.
      • markevans
        markevans
        2781 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-02T15:31:48Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Are you saying you are calling a C# DLL from a ST GUI and are trying to pass data back from the DLL to the GUI after the call?

if so, you should just pass a field to it that will hold the return code. Then set the return code in the DLL and when the "call" returns, the data should be there since it was passed as a parameter.
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          6195 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-03T08:30:59Z  in response to markevans
          oh god.. My mistake, I didn't mentioned that I call an exe file that calls c# dll. because I couldn't reach c# dll function by using linkage. To be able to use functions in dll from SmallTalk GUI, the dll must be written in c++.

so.. As you said Mark, I did same thing I send a parameter that holds the value that I want to return and I change it inside of program.

if somebody is came here for same problem, here is my solution.

Firstly, I call c++ dll from SmallTalk GUI, and that c++ dll calls the c# dll. I do my all stuff in c# dll, at the end, I return a value to send SmallTalk GUI with using c++ dll.

if any method(s) else can be apply, it would be much appreciated to hear!

Thank you markevans!
          • markevans
            markevans
            2781 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-03T14:18:17Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            Glad you solved it. You cannot pass a value back from an EXE..only dll's... so again..glad you got it working.