Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-28T07:34:30Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1086 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic ZMF Notify message is not coming upon doing checkout,promotion on Changeman

‏2013-03-27T06:41:44Z |
When we do checkout, promotion or any other operation on Serena Changeman in RDz, it gives the notification message. Mistakenly, I clicked on " Don't show this dialog" and after that this notification stopped appearing. Can any one suggest how I can reset it so that again it should appear again, if I do any checkout or promotion.
Updated on 2013-03-28T07:34:30Z at 2013-03-28T07:34:30Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1086 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ZMF Notify message is not coming upon doing checkout,promotion on Changeman

‏2013-03-27T08:49:11Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,

according to the ZMF4ECL userguide by Serena, you can set this notification flag in "Window | Preferences | ZMF/Eclipse | Settings":
    "
    When creating or changing a connection of your workbench to a Web application
    server through Window | Preferences | ZMF/Eclipse | Settings, you can select the
    Show Notify Message Dialog so that a dialog box appears showing each message as it
    is received from ZMF.
    " (Page 73)

I guess, there you can reset it, if you mistakenly set to off.

Hope, this helps...
    Cheers,
    Ingo
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1086 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-27T09:11:24Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thanks Ingo, It worked :) :)
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1086 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-27T09:37:52Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Issue has been resolved.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1086 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-27T14:56:20Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Question : When did the overlay show for you? In the overlay screen (just before you hit finish) or after you actually submitted the job? I have turned on the Show Dialogue and was hoping it would show in the Overlay screen (which it is not).
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1086 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-28T07:34:30Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi Joe,

not sure, that I am understanding what you are asking for.

The Overlay Window at promote should come up as the last window of the promotion wizard.
      According to Serenas userguide:
      "
      The final window displayed by the Promote Package wizard is the Promote Package -
      Review Promotion Overlays window. It displays all components in the target promotion
      library that will be overlaid by components in the change package if you proceed with the
      promotion.
      " (Page 202)

Or do you mean the notification window? - These windows come up instead of the standard TSO messages, ChangeMan sends. - Which is always after an action to show the results/return code e.g. from promote.
      To have this properly working, one thing is the preferences in RDz of course:
      1. Show notification
      2. Notification port
      of course this notification port has to be defined in your and your hosts firewalls to enable ChangeMan to send its notification via this defined port (usually z/OS HOSTS have restricted firewalls and these prots are not open by default). -> If you have doubts, if this is defined at your place, please contact your ChangeMan Admins.

Cheers,
      Ingo